Healtech quickshifter easy settings 2008+

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by carter, Oct 30, 2015.

1. carter

carter New Member

Any one got one fitted? After knicking your kill times. Also did you use the delay?
    Fitted it but she's all cosy for winter so just wanna steal your Base setting lol.....
    While I'm on which way around did you put the concave washers on the sensor as it didn't specify.

Cheers!

2. DCB

DCB Active Member

when did you buy bud and fit?

3. carter

carter New Member

Got it from italy as it was cheaper than any UK price even with discount as I used a 20% discount code ebay was running for 8hrs.
    Fitted it myself which was fun.... there's a lot more to that airbox than I'd figured lol

4. DCB

DCB Active Member

I have one fitted, the new sensors get fitted without the washers, mine now that the new sensor without the washers is the mutts

5. carter

carter New Member

I'm just on with healtech about this at the mo. My suggested sensitivity is 4n.s
    I've checked with them that the washers are the right way around and they say they are but the sensor itself already had metal washers attached which are different to those on youtube. See what they say.

#5 carter, Oct 30, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
  6. Womblewizard

Womblewizard Active Member

I fitted one about a month or so ago, My suggested sensitivity was around the same which isn't right! turned out I tightened the sensor too tight. refit done then got suggested sensitivity about 20n.s.
    Did wonder about the washers as mine is also is like yours, what way have you got the washers round? works perfect at lower revs but need to play with settings at higher revs, works but not perfect. Due to weather and other commitments haven't solved this yet on my to do list!

7. carter

carter New Member

Here's what I got back ref the washers

The conical washers should go like this:
    (0)
    and not like this:
    )0(

where 0 is the sensor

Was thinking have I done it to tight as it states 5nm but can't get a torque wrench in there and I'm ham fisted lol.
    They have sent a check list stating to loosen the bolt and continue to tighten until I get the highest value then stop so will have a go a that as 20n.s is about the mark

8. Womblewizard

It's literally hand tight then a quarter turn!( loctite)
    just didn't seem enough at first.......

• Like Like x 1
  9. carter

carter New Member

That's the values I've bunged in for now as it's what lamb chop was using in his youtube vib but they felt pants bottom end on the paddock stand

Attached Files:

10. Womblewizard

I did the same! (I ride with Chops) low revs was perfect but i think I need to increase value at higher revs it's a little jerky!

• Like Like x 1
  11. carter

carter New Member

You left the 15n.s delay on or put it to 0?

12. Womblewizard

Put it to 0

• Like Like x 1
  13. ccr32

ccr32 Active Member

I have been looking at these recently with a view to getting one. Where are you guys fitting the sensor? On the different documentation on the Healtech website, it says they work best in-line of the shift rod on bikes where you are compressing the sensor when shifting up (which you would be on the 'blade), whereas the specific CBR1000RR docs say to fit it on to the bolt on the shift arm...?

14. DCB

DCB Active Member

Inline without the conical washers on mine

• Like Like x 1
  15. Womblewizard

Same on the shift rod! (recommended by Healtech)

• Like Like x 1
  16. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

I have the later sensor now, the YouTube vid was done with the early sensor on the gear arm pivot so it's possible my settings are now useless... Won't be connecting the new sensor until the spring so can't help atm. I also didn't use the washers as the new sensor seemed to have them built in.

• Like Like x 1
  17. carter

carter New Member

Think I'm sorted now. Have the sensor with flat washers attached to it already (presume this is the new type?) but you still get the conical washers with it....
    After several back an forth emails with Norbert @ healtech we've left the washers out to. The best I could get with them in was 8n.s and advise 4n.s on the arm bolt and on the shift rod itself 12n.s and advised 6n.s
    With the washers out I get 35n.s and starting at a suggested 8n.s on the arm bolt (prefer it as its easier and more discrete) but with plenty more scope for adjustment to....

Happy with that and confirmed to just leave them out.

#17 carter, Nov 4, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
  18. ccr32

ccr32 Active Member

So, for those of you who have the Healtech already, do you think it's a decent product, or is it not quite there? I'm looking at these vs. the HM Superlite quickshifter which is comparable in terms of price, though I don't think you get the same range of adjustment with the HM job (which for me could be either a good or a bad thing...!)

From what I've read elsewhere, people rave about the more expensive HM QS's but haven't seen much written about the ones at the lower end of the spectrum....

19. DCB

DCB Active Member

I have the healtech, simple answer, it's gid

20. Matt Wright

Matt Wright New Member

I have revently fitted one. At first I mounted it on the pinch bolt and was only getting a reading of 4 going up the gears, but around 10 coming down ?
    So I put it on the shift rod and things improved a lot.
    After reading this thread I might try it with out the washers and see what it's like.

After having a little play on the road I've got the low end perfect and smooth, but the top end say 9000 rpm onwards still needs playing with as I can feel the bike back off between shifts, it's set at 55ms so I think that needs to come down. But the weather is stopping me because to check it at the redline your doing 100 plus lol.

It's definitely a great shifter, one it's setup sweet I will post the settings.

• Like Like x 1