Continued Speedo Issues

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Wegby, Aug 30, 2014.

1. Wegby

Wegby New Member

Morning All

A few weeks back I posted a thread about the speedo on my 2005 Blade under-reading by about 20-25%. Reading various forums, it appears that there was a 2004 recall (Possibly in North America) for what sounds like a similar issue.

Anyway, I took the bike to my local dealer (Gedges in Hastings), who had a good look round it, although all they were able to do was confirm that the potentiometer / sprocket sensor was performing correctly and the fault lies elsewhere.

They approached Honda Customer Service, who stated this is nothing to do with the 2004 issue and I need a new speedo unit. As these are expensive (£500+ new) and are still a few quid secondhand, I was wondering if anyone here has a set of 2005 clocks I can 'borrow' for a while so I can swap it over to test; if it then reads ok, I know I need to buy a unit.

I appreciate this is a big ask, but hopefully someone might have one undergoing a restoration that isn't being used (or one for sale that I could buy if it cures the problem?).

I'm in East Sussex but frequently travel up to East Yorkshire. Obviously, I'm not asking anyone to inconvenience themselves and there's a box of beer that can be held as 'security' (non-returnable) :)

Thanks in advance for any assistance! Guy