05 to 06 changes - rearsets

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Regenwulf, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Regenwulf

Regenwulf Active Member

Hi all,

I'm trying to buy some second hand rearsets from someone on here for my 06 blade. The ones on offer are coming off an 05. I had guessed that they would be the same but looking elsewhere the different models seem to have different product codes on the rearsets available, which makes me doubt it.

Can anyone please confirm whether or not 05 rearsets will fit my 06 Blade? o_O

Cheers,

RW

2. Muffking

Muffking God Like

I have after market rear sets on my RR6, but can't think of any reason why the standard sets on my RR5 wouldn't fit.

3. daz1

daz1 Active Member

What make are they

4. Regenwulf

Regenwulf Active Member

Valter moto type 1. Any idea?

5. Regenwulf

Regenwulf Active Member

Muffking - sorry to be a pain - you could have a closer look at your two bikes and check whether you think they are interchangeable could you? I guessed they would be but the different product codes clearly suggest otherwise!

6. sulaco

sulaco Active Member

I've had a quick scout around the net and other manufacturers usually state 04-07 for fitment. don't see any reason why they shouldn't fit, the only real changes from 04/05 to 06/07 were cosmetic and minor engine and gearing tweeks. As far as I can tell from Honda part numbers they are the same for all years 04-07. Hope this helps.

7. Regenwulf

Regenwulf Active Member

That is indeed helpful - thanks Sulaco. I will give the fitment a go and report back for certainty!

8. Muffking

Muffking God Like

Which bit specifically show a different part number, or is it the full set?

9. sulaco

sulaco Active Member

Just did a bit more digging Gilles rearsets use the same numbers for 04-07 inclusive number only changes for colour code. If I recall they don't have provision for a brake switch, this can be overcome by using a banjo bolt pressure switch.

10. Regenwulf

Regenwulf Active Member