100dba slip on pipe what one

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by dirtgod, Aug 10, 2015.

1. dirtgod

dirtgod New Member

Hi I require a slip on that will be 100 dba for racing whats the options ??? 2008 blade

2. scooby

scooby Elite Member

100db for racing? what club/track/series is that?

3. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

sounds quiet (like the pun) for racing?

4. dirtgod

dirtgod New Member

I have a 44 mm arrow full system on at the moment but it went through at 110dba and struggled with the internal baffle at 105 ish
    I also have a 40mm arrow system what I havnt tried yet with the noise test peeps but I just want a pipe that will work and be within noise limit for uk tracks.
    Im racing with nolimits at the moment and also doing track days so 101 seams to be the lower limit at some tracks
    I have some standard stainless headers I was considering using with a slip on

5. scooby

scooby Elite Member

you will always struggle with an arrow system to get under 102 (most circuits have this now,unless it's a noisy/race day).

best advice,sell it and buy and akrapovic system.they get under 102 easily with a baffle,and dont lose too much power with it in either (about 3-4 bhp on my last system)

i have a leo vince factry system now,which is very good without baffle,but a bit loud.does get under 102 with baffle,but loses about 10 bhp.

6. dirtgod

dirtgod New Member

yeh that sucks, the manufacturers should start making pipes that work at a level we can actually use at race meeting without going crossed fingered to hope we pass

cheers scooby

7. allbutt55

allbutt55 Member

Just done brands hatch with my new mivv exhaust with the baffle in at 5k it was 98 dB so the noise guy said but later in the day we done a test at 5.5k revs and it was 101db but with baffle out its loud

8. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

My Yoshi R77 End can runs 102-104db with no baffle. never got it tested with it out but should loose a few db with it fitted as it sounds much quieter