120/70 + 190/55 rosso corsa's for £185, must be the best bang for your buck

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by fez.57, Jul 25, 2011.

1. fez.57

fez.57 Well-Known Member

Just bought a set of pirelli diablo rosso corsa's today for £210 (with £25 cash back), this will be the first time i have the 190/55 rear so looking forward to seeing it lives up to all the hype, was going to get the sportsmarts but couldn't justify paying an extra £55+ for them, just have to wait untill my 2ct's (which i just dont get on with) go bald then its time to have some fun, as long as the wonderful british summer decides to play ball

2. fez.57

fez.57 Well-Known Member

also what pressures are people running these tyres at on the road

3. scratcher

scratcher Active Member

Very good hoops them. I have them fitted atm with 900m on them. I just knock 2-3 psi off standard for road .

4. BladeHRC

BladeHRC Active Member

What kind of miles are you likeley to get out of them? I'm very impressed with the Diablo Rosso II's I currently have fitted, but as I only intentionally ride in the dry, I was going to try the Diablo Rosso Corsas next...

5. fez.57

fez.57 Well-Known Member

they obviously wont last as long as the diablo rosso II's, i would guess around 25% quicker tyre wear, if i get 2500-3000 miles out of them then i will be very happy

6. BladeHRC

BladeHRC Active Member

2.5 - 3k isnt bad if they are (and I'm sure they are!) as good as everyone is saying grip-wise. Would you normally change front and back the same time or change the rear every other front?

7. fez.57

fez.57 Well-Known Member

As this will be the first time i have ridden on these tyres i can not say for certain but changing the front would depend on how badly the tyre had been worn, if it was not starting to square off and has plenty of life left in it then i would probably just buy a new rear, the front should be on its way out after you have gone through 2 rear tyres