2 weeks today

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Remal, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

and i'm off on my first Euro trip on a bike.

So looking forward to it :Banane17::Banane17:

2. Moily

Moily Active Member

Great stuff! You'll love it. Where ya going?

Two weeks tomorrow I'll be just back from my next Euro trip :-(, but tomorrow I'm setting off on it..! :-D

3. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

going via portsmouth to Saint Malo, then as long as a week later we are in Santander We are free do go where we want. But will be going into Spain as soon as we can. Then making the most of the raods around the north of Spain.

All the best on your trip. We want to see pics when u get home

4. Moily

Moily Active Member

That's a great first Euro trip. Only danger is you might never want to come back!

We're doing France down to Provence (Route Napoleon), cutting across the Alps-Maritimes to bypass Nice/Monaco, following Italian coast round to Tuscany, across to San Marino for the GP, then back via the Italian Lakes, Swiss Alps, Colmar/Alsace, then Champagne and back home.

Am hoping to get more than pics now I've got the Drift attached on the front..! :becky:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Jamiestrada

Jamiestrada JamieMultiTraitor

I never knew you where off on a euro trip :biggrin1: sarcastic I know but I think it is brought on by the jelous green monster inside me :Cry:

I hope you have a great time, the weather is good and you have lots of great experiences to share with us when you return....

I hope we get lots of pictures too :)

6. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

I'm taking the Go Pro HD with me, lots of mem cards and have a waterproof USb charger fitted to the blade that I can hook up in the luggage

ANd yes very excited

7. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

8. Moily

Moily Active Member

@Remal, if you're taking a satnav with you then a good tip is to keep the trip logs after each day and when you get back upload the files to EveryTrail.com and create your own animated journals of your trip, like so:

Italy 2010 - Motorcycling trip | EveryTrail
    Italy 2010 - Day 4 - Motorcycling trip | EveryTrail

(that was to a mate's wedding in Tuscany last year - the first link is the full trip and then I broke each day down into a separate trip, with accompanying pics)

It's a great reminder/keepsake of your trip, especially if you upload some good photos of the journey.

9. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

good idea and I will have my HTC desire Sat nav but won't be using it as I will be following others who will have them. But my phone does have a Sat nav tracker to show where I have gone etc..

And good suggestion. My digi cam has Geo tagging and I will leave the GPS on all week. just hope 2 battery's are enough for the week. Another good idea for knowing where all pics are taken

10. Moily

Moily Active Member

I'd take a charger, if you can. You can guarantee that if you don't you're bound to run out of battery life along the way! (especially if you're using GPS all day)

11. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Remal, Moily. If you get a chance to post while you're travelling it'd be great to hear your diaries.

But then again, if you stay off the forum it'll give us all a chance to give you a good slagging.

Either way's good.

12. Moily

Moily Active Member

Heh! If I get on wifi I'll try upload some pics - definitely NOT getting hammered on 3G charges again! :stop:

13. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Will try mate. i'll prob be on FB when I get wifi.

14. flatstickHRC

flatstickHRC Active Member

Sounds like a great trip. Would like to do that some time.

Enjoy it

15. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

Remal mate, Can i ask what method you use to attach your Go Pro to the bike?

Iv only used the strap and the sucker pad so far . Have you stuck some of the permanent sticky back plates on your bike ? Im a bit worried about them coming when I'm riding due to vibration and the weigh of the camera