2005 genuine faring wanted - full set

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by nickcbr, Nov 22, 2011.

1. nickcbr

nickcbr Active Member

Hi all,

I'm after a set of fairing for my bike as I suspect the fairing on there isn't oem and I'd like some genuine ones on there - i dont know why its just one of those things thats bugging me lol

Has anyone got a set they are looking to sell, perhaps of a track bike etc...?

Will consider all colours

Cheers
    Nick

2. bluekontakt2004

bluekontakt2004 Active Member

What makes you think yours are non standard? post a piccy we might be able to confirm.

3. nickcbr

nickcbr Active Member

Hi,

Cant post pics just yet as bike lives at my moms, which is 120miles away!! I'll grab some pics then though as fairing is off at the mo.

The things that lead me to think this are that in places the paint finish seems to have a little orange peel effect and on the inside of the fairing the manufacturer markings look somewhat amateur in places, for example the N of HONDA is back to front on the lower right panel.

When I bought the bike i bought it as debadged with the lower panels resprayed - it was originally black and the shop told me the previous keeper had removed the stickers and had the lower matt grey colour panels sprayed to match the gloss black of the remainder of the bike. i must admit it did and still does look really nice in what has been done.

its just when you know something might not be right it just kinda niggles..... lol

4. bluekontakt2004

bluekontakt2004 Active Member

I will have a look at mine the weekend when i have the pannels off for a deep clean. will see how the honda logo is written on the inside.

Im pretty sure the graphics on mine are laquered over though so removing them would be imposible withough a full respray.

5. nickcbr

nickcbr Active Member

I did think that about the graphics but have found contradicting info on the net about whether or not they are laquered and whether or not you can get them off. Looking closely i do reckong there were stickers on it at some point as there are slight signs of damage, i.e. white flecks where the stickers should have been.

Whatever is on the bike has been there sometime by the look of it, and having rremoved it all for a deep clean there is absolutely no signs of any impact damage underneath so if it was in an accident of any sorts it was repaired properly - which leaves the question of why go aftermarket fairings when the repair job is being completed to such high standards lol.

The fairings on there feel quite good qulaity too.

6. fireblader28

fireblader28 Active Member

I've got 4 full sets of genuine bodywork, 2 of them are just having the finishing touches of the TT legends replica paint put on them, one for me and the other i'll be selling. The other set i have are in standard red/blue, and the fourth set all have damage/scuffs which i've repaired and sanded but they need painting. I'll be selling everything bar the one tt replica i'm having done...

7. nickcbr

nickcbr Active Member

forgot all about this thread....

How much you afetr for the tt legends set mate?

Nick

8. fireblader28

fireblader28 Active Member

I'm not sure at the moment, they still arent finished! Will probably be after around £600 for the full set which is a steal for genuine panels with a perfect freshly painted legends scheme...