2007 Exhaust quaestion?

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by quattrochris, Aug 7, 2011.

1. quattrochris

quattrochris Active Member

Hi, new on here and just bought a 2007 blade, i'm taking delivery of an akrapovic carbon exhaust on wednesday and quite happy to fit it myself but does anyone know if its ok to remove all the heatsheild parts as they dont look to clever?
    Thanks Chris

2. viper_biker

viper_biker Active Member

Yes mate. Ditch the lot. It was one of the first things I did when I got mine.

3. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

Everybody i know with an 07 has ditched them

4. quattrochris

Cheers guys i was hopefull that was the case as it would show off the exhaust much better with it all removed! i was a bit worried about the heat build up melting stuff?

5. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

Had no problems on my 600rr with the heat shield removed. viper_biker is running his bike with out and has just changed all plastics so if there was a problem he would of noticed. Get em of mate and get some pics up when it all installed :)

6. viper_biker

viper_biker Active Member

There's definately not melting issues. I did have an issue with the full Micron Serpent system I ran but that was because the bore of the pipe was 52mm, but the Arrow system I've on now has no such issues. TBH, it's a horrible looking thing anyway. I'm not fond of the heat shield at your foot either so I ditched that ages ago too.

7. fisher

fisher Active Member

They look crap with the heat shield on, I took mine off and rode it for 3 years without any issue's

8. quattrochris

Right that me busy tonight then! heat sheilds being removed....

9. ray

ray Well-Known Member

If you're worried about melting plastics then get hold of some heat reflective tape (silver tape) and just stick a layer on the underside of the fairing panels.