1. flatstickHRC

flatstickHRC Active Member

Just bought PCV and O2 eliminator for my 2010 blade

Anyone know where the O2 eliminator goes? Think it's inside left hand side fairing

Also instructions say PCV just plugs into injector 1 and 4. There is a 3 rd plug too Which Goes to a loom on to of air ox near ecu. Also there is no TPS sensor tap. How can this be right?

Does anyone re comend the Secondary fuel module?

Also do PCIII maps work on PCV?

Can't seem to find a map for Europe model standard can with o2 fitted for V but is one for III

Cheers

2. flatstickHRC

Also did anyone bother wiring in the speed input, temperature or gear position?

3. Rob

Rob Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi mate.

What is the model number of your PCV?

There are 2 models that will work with the CBR1000RR. One just uses injectors 1 & 4 and the TPS as far as I remember and another model that uses all 4 injectors and no TPS. They both work fine. I had the latter although the instructions (unhelpfully) were for the one that uses injectors 1 & 4!

Regarding fuel module, are you talking about the autotune? Maps are unique I think. So the PC3 wont work on the PCV.

4. Rob

Rob Administrator
    Staff Member

5. flatstickHRC

Not sure which mine is yet as it hasn't arrived yet. Just looked at the instructions online and noticed it's nothing like the PCIII which I'm used to fitting.

It's actually much easier but can't understand how it works. The 3rd plug must control a he'll of a lot.

No the secondary fuel module allows tuning of all 8 injectors and allows a quickshifter to be used. I think it's more for heavily tuned engines and allows a map for each injector individually.

Or there is the quickshifter expansion module which is half the price and connects to the top 4 injectors so a quickshifter can be used but doesn't allow tuning of the injectors for a more detailed map.

6. flatstickHRC

Can't open that link as I'm on safari not windows.

Ive been on US website and found one for stock exhaust with O2 eliminator but it doesn't specify EU model

I'm guessing that's what you posted in the link?

The only EU stock exhaust specific map is for PCIII

7. flatstickHRC

Also to go back to original post does anyone know where the O2 Eliminator plugs in?

8. Rob

Rob Administrator
    Staff Member

No it was the UK site (selected 2008 model). Should be identical throughout 08-11. Wouldn't worry about the extra injectors or anything else. The only quickshifter I'd ever use would be the HM Quickshifter (more reliable & better reviews from what I've seen).

If you are on Safari you will need a windows based system to load the map (I use safari too but used bootcamp to update the firmware and load the map!).

9. Rob

Rob Administrator
    Staff Member

Pretty sure its on the left hand side under fuel tank.

10. flatstickHRC

Yes I have bootcamp on mac but I'm on my iPhone on he train at the mo.

If it's listed as 2008 map I think it will be for the PCIII. All PCV things seem to be listed as 09>

I will ring DJ next week and confirm.

Thanks though

It's only temporary anyway till I get an exhaust sorted out and I will have a custom map done.

I have hear it is on left side near the gear linkage just inside mid panel and also heard it may be under tha tank.

If it's inside mid panel where I think it could be you can just about get your hand in by just removing the one bolt.

11. Bobmg

Bobmg Active Member

I have fitted a couple of these to both Abs and Non Abs , to start with it make life a whole lot easier when routing the wiring from the tail section to the injector area ,if you drop down the under cowl on the tail section to get the plugs through on the wiring loom , You can just about manage on the non Abs model but very difficult no chance though on the Abs one .
    The 02 eliminator is located on the left hand side close to the frame underneath the tank , If you are fitting a end can you would normally do away with 02 sensor altogether and remove it from the bike , this way you can follow the wiring on it to locate it

12. flatstickHRC

Thanks. So I won't need to remove the side fairing to access the O2 eliminator?

I will be changing the exhaust shortly but not just yet.

For now will just run the PC with standard bike map.

Does the TPS need resetting/calibrating?

Apparently you have to warm bike up, turn off engine plug in computer. Click reset TPS and open full throttle and close. When engine restated When idling it should display 0% throttle

Never had to do this on any other PC I have installed

13. garyauk

garyauk Active Member

I fitted the PCV to my blade e few weeks back, the O2 eliminator is behind the left hand fairing pannel just below the tank.

Its easy to find but a bit awkward to unclip, this is obviously easer if you do it when you have the tank up when fitting the PCV

The PCV maps are unique to the PC5, I Put the map on from the US site for a standard can plus O2 eliminator as I am still waitng for my exhaust to be delivered and the bike runs spot on

14. JM1

JM1 Active Member

Don't use US PC maps as their fuel is different.
    Eur maps all start with a 5 (last 3 digits). The stock map code is M16-002-501.
    You have to calibrate the throttle before first time use as per the instructions.
    PCV wasn't officially recommended for 08, so all maps are designated 09 onwards (although they now seem to be labelled 08-11).

Maps list:-
    http://www.powercommander.com/power...mdl=44&yr=16-002&pcVersion=PCV&PartNum=16-002

Download all maps:
    http://www.powercommander.com/downloads/16-002/maps/m16-002-all.exe

#14 JM1, Apr 25, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2011
  15. flatstickHRC

That's excellent thanks for the info

For now I will use the standard EU map as you say until I get the exhaust sorted

I've looked at the instructions for throttle calibration and it seems quite straight forward.

I'm also going to upload the latest firmware etc as recommended before I first use it

Does it need to be on the bike to uoad maps and firmware or can it be done before installation?

16. garyauk

garyauk Active Member

It can be done before installation

17. JM1

JM1 Active Member

PCV is USB powered :)
    (PCIII you had to use a 9V battery).

18. flatstickHRC

Thought so. Will update it etc before install then calibrate TPS once fitted

Cheers

19. JM1

JM1 Active Member

flatstickHRC - I see you're having a great time on that US based forum ;)
    Some of those geezers don't like to be disagreed with
    ...or challenged
    ...or questioned
    ...or spoken to

20. flatstickHRC

Theyre a class act. By the look of it a few of them spend more time typing than riding.

Wasn't even disagreeing with them, simply asked a question.

Obviously that's not what your meant to do on a forum...

I wouldn't mind if they knew what they were talking about but not one of them Has yet answered the question I asked and can't because they don't know themselves.

They seem to fit a tail tidy or take out a plastic flap in an airbox and in doing so become qualified in all things Fireblade? Whatever