2012 is it jealousy

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by yorkshiregooner, May 23, 2012.

1. yorkshiregooner

yorkshiregooner Active Member

Bugs me people saying the 2012 is not much better than the 08-11
    Honda has done what Honda do best.
    They had a fantastic road bike and now they've improved it.
    The changes aren't radical but they are significant.

3 1/2 grand n my 11 HRC money well spent
    Maybe it's abit of jealousy....from those who haven't got an RRC
    Rant over!!!!!

2. Jamiestrada

Jamiestrada JamieMultiTraitor

If it was not better there would not be threads on fitting 2012 shocks and forks to the 08-11 bike :)

We all know its an improvement, we all know its a nice bike, I guess some people think its not enough to warrant changing there 08-11, but I think the wheels, suspension and clocks look great and perform fantastically, I personally would not say no to one, but I wouldn't change my bike for one now.

I think its more disappointment that it was not an all new bike, not that the 2012 is not better :(

• Like Like x 2
  3. Hudson

Hudson Active Member

Can't say.... i have a 2002 954 !!!

4. slowr1der

slowr1der Active Member

Which is a great bit of kit.

The majority of us can't get the rr8-11 to anywhere near its potential let alone the improved 12 so how would we really know which is the better of the two and what maybe better for one person may not be for another

• Like Like x 1
  5. yorkshiregooner

Can't beat a good debate!!!!
    12 obviously better ; )

6. Mel

Mel Active Member

unles syou got an 08 in black, kicks the arse off a '12 :D

• Like Like x 1
  7. Movistar

Movistar Active Member

no, black rr7 the best - black is the best colour the way

8. Hudson

Hudson Active Member

I did see the new 12 at Hunts in Manchester and was not so keen on the all black engine and frame.... especially when the fairings were all black as well.... i like the repsol with the silver frame but then again i like a bit of bling !

9. Gazza13

Gazza13 Member

I have a2011 repsol but I wouldn't change it as I couldn't warrant the money difference to upgrade to the 2012!
    I like the 2012 but I still love my 2011!
    Like you say Honda have put time and money into the 2012 bike and very rarely does a manufacturer move backwards rather than forwards with a new bike.

I used to always change my bike every 12 to 18months! But I can't warrant changing it that often anymore. The price of these things and the amount of money you lose when trading in really puts me off.

We all have one thing in common on this site and that's we all love riding bikes so just enjoy what ever you ride.

Thanks
    Gary

• Like Like x 2
  10. yorkshiregooner

Anyway bolox to it l'm off out on the SP2..a proper bike ; )

• Like Like x 3
  11. MrB

MrB God Like

At least Honda have gone to more effort than Yamaha did this time round. Traction control, new nose and some tacky side lights.

Honda went to a lot of effort with the 2012, revised fueling - suspension - wheels - fairing - chin spoiler - dash to move the bike forward. I think most people want to see a new engine or completely new looking design to consider it as a 'new' bike. Why try and fix something that's not broken ? The sales figures speak volumes to Honda, that's whats important.

What's to improve ? Play the power game and compete with BMW running the risk of fragile engines, create a technological wonder for the sake of it to compete with the traction, anti wheelie, anti fun laden rivals. No, provide an already proven and quality engine (not mentioning oil burning) put it in a frame that's strong and update the one area where any bike can be either be turned into a lemon or a gem, the suspension, they key to smooth fast riding.

Yes I'm biased because I have an all black (which I love) 2012 and am very pleased with it as I'm sure all owners of Blades are all very happy with their bikes. I don't think it's jealously, it's horses for courses.

I spent ages justifying to my self why I didn't need nor want a litre bike and would purposely find faults with them to persuade my self I was content, I wasn't.

Life would be very dull if we all liked the same thing, I'll whisper it but I'm not a massive fan of any Repsol but I'm not going to knock anyone who loves theirs, that's why I got a black one, oddly.

Each to their own.

#11 MrB, May 23, 2012
    Last edited: May 23, 2012
    • Like Like x 4
  12. dave d

dave d Elite Member

i!d have one tomorrow but funds wont allow,in fact i!d be happy wi that repsol 1 from yesterday or the tt legends 1 they have!!!

13. gary1966

gary1966 Active Member

i would have a 12 if funds allowed i normally change very often but work aint great so the 11 will have to stay for a bit.
    I have ridden a bike with the same sort of front forks and it was bloody good and the wheels look sweet and the dash looks more moto gp plus gear indicator is a bonus.
    I will own a 12 but it will be in 2013 when there might be a deal to be had???

• Like Like x 1
  14. 1000rr73

1000rr73 Active Member

Yes of course it's jealousy.... Who wouldn't want the latest model, especially if they effectively have the same bike but just a bit older.

I used to buy bikes with my head but now I buy with my heart and just get what I want. I'm an analytical person for my sins and used to over-think the numbers on every decision. Then as the years passed and you realise life is short and you lose a few friends on the way, I think sod it, get what you like and have no regrets.

If that means laying down another £6k to effectively get the same bike with some new goodies, well if you've got it ( or can get it without the kids going hungry) then just do it. One day we'll all be too old to ride em, or the government will legislate them out....just do it.

Eta- just read this back and this is far too deep for me and makes me seem far too serious, don't know what I was thinking.... It's late and I'm due to become a dad again any day, must be mucking with my hormones too!

There, that's a whole bunch if stuff out of my head.

#14 1000rr73, May 23, 2012
    Last edited: May 23, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  15. slowr1der

slowr1der Active Member

Just a shame Mr Honda didn't spend a bit more time on the colour schemes...........because Mr Yamaha kicked arse with theirs.

[​IMG]

#15 slowr1der, May 24, 2012
    Last edited: May 24, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  16. MrB

MrB God Like

Extra £1000 for that colour, making it a £13K bike.

Not sure about the other options though.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#16 MrB, May 24, 2012
    Last edited: May 24, 2012
  17. Jamiestrada

I wanted to love the new R1 but then I rode it and I hated it even in that color, which I would not pay £1000 for I would not want the bike :( shame really

18. MrB

MrB God Like

When the litre bug first bit the R1 was my first choice for a long time, mind made up and heart set. Had rode a big bang R1 thought it was the bike for me. Fast, racy, focused and a great noise. Waited for the new colours to come out, meh. Being a fan of black as you all know by now the nearest was the mat grey option. Fine so be it, heart set on the R1 grey it was going to be.

A weekend on the Blade changed that, not only did Honda do a proper all black (yum) colour, the bike ticked more boxes than the R1 for an everyday user friendly machine for me, it could be racy when wanted it could be focused when needed, or you could just plod about relax and take in the scenery an option I felt the R1 couldn't offer to the same degree. Yes I like racy and focused but not all the time every day, and it wasn't black :D

19. Jamiestrada

I Had a 99 R1 at the time, wanted the new R1, the test ride was back to back with the blade. I found the R1 felt big and heavy compared to the blade, the fueling was poor even with the Akrapovic cans fitted and it just did not feel right to me ! It sounded great and I loved the blue and white bike but like you the blade felt so much better, smooth, easier to ride fast and the 0% deal and the extras I got thrown in swung it for me.

If and when they bring out an all new R1, I may be tempted but until then I love the blade to bits :)

20. slowr1der

slowr1der Active Member

i think the stealth grey colour looks pretty cool as well........not liking the others though