2012 Moto gp Silverstone - Best grandstand

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Remal, May 4, 2012.

1. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Just got my roving grandstand tickets for me and the family to go to the Moto gp this June.

On the map with the tickets there seems to be a huge choice with roving grandstand areas to view the races from, but wondering what area's are best?

Only been their for rallying and a few mates trackdays so not really up with the seating and best viewing when it comes to racing at Silverstone.

Any suggestions?

2. rocket

rocket Active Member

was wondering the same so will watch post for ideas!! went there for f1 few years ago but all moved about now.

3. alexg56

alexg56 Active Member

only been once (last year) if your going on saturday then its a good idea to try watching from various stands.free shuttle bus runs round perimeter. woodcote seems to be the most popular stands, also rememeber that roving tickets are for uncovered stands only, so if its hammering down (like last year):( its a soaking! we were in becketts (covered) great view and could see a lot of the track.

4. rocket

rocket Active Member

roving tickets do include some covered stands too. unless they changed from last year a few work mates went and was undercover all day (just as well on last years weather) .

5. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Right will look into which ones are covered. Only going on the Sunday. This will be mine ans the family's first experience of moto gp at the circuit