2015 F1 trip advice?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Remal, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

i've kept this out of touring as it's not going to be on the bike.

Planning on going with either the brother in law or mates to a F1 race next year

I am looking at going with the brother in law to the Spanish GP in May next year.

I have seen the packages you can get but was looking at doing something like:

Book grandstand tickets via the circuit Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya

Either ferry Portsmouth to St Malo on the Tue night then the 600-700 miles trip down and Santander ferry back on the Monday night home Tues
    Either camp close or Hotel in Barcelona. Or return ferry from Santander so that's 400 mile trip there and back.

Anyone done this? any tips. I would rather add a small road trip to the event than just fly there, hire car and stay in a Hotel.

Camp or Hotel?

Book grandstand tickets asap and ferry or no rush until the new year?

or would anyone recommend another circuit like Spa? this would be both our first time to a F1 race. Spa in closer, only 440 miles from me. Chunnel is cheaper and I love the circuit. So thoughts. Anyone recommend company they may recumbent looking at booking grandstand tickets or hotels/camping

cheers

2. Alblade

Alblade God Like

Portsmouth to Caen is another option - sails later and very little difference in driving distance.

If you want to add some history to the trip on the way down stay near Oradour Sur Glan, its about mid way. Andorra could be another place for an overnight stop before you push onto Barcelona - takes you over the Pyrenees too and mega road options.

No idea on camping but often you get more of an atmosphere than hotel miles away.

Weather in Catalunya is likely to be better than Spa too

Sounds a great trip

• Like Like x 3
  3. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Agree on the weather even though Spa is in Aug and Spanish GP is in May. I've ridden France to below Barcelona via Andorra on the bike so not the roads once you get south of France are fun :)

Just want to do a Lads week, a little touring, and get in a F1 race at the same time.

I have asked the same on a few forums and the reply's have been that Spa would be a better place for the race and closer which I'm not to worried about doing the miles

Was hoping someone on here may have done this and could give me some insight. Anyone