2018 CBR1000rr

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by Regal, Jan 16, 2024.

1. Regal

Regal New Member

Guys new to the forum and was wondering if i could get a bit of advice. Absolutely love the look of the cbr i have my eyes on a 2018 cbr1000rr its a stunning machine. From doing a bit if research false neutrals seem to be a common subject amongst the forums just gauging peoples opinions and experiences as wouldnt want to shell out the money to have issues appreciate it guys

2. bladey

bladey Senior Member

It certainly has been discussed here but I don't think the 2018 is a model that suffers enough to worry about. I can't remember getting false N in the 3 years I've had one. I have an OE quick shifter, not sure that makes any difference. Better minds mat know more.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Regal

Regal New Member

Appreciate the reply and the experience shared bladey , think its down to me being to overcautious looking for the faults before ever owning one , having previous come off a gsxr i dont feel like going back to one.

4. bladey

bladey Senior Member

Is that “come off” in an ooh bugger way or you just don’t want to own another one? I’ve come off 2 Blades in the oh crap oops way but they were both my fault so don’t hold it against them :oops:

5. dgr

dgr Active Member

I never had a problem with false neutrals, and I owned my SC77 for over 3 years and did 18000miles. At least with a Blade you can find neutral when you want it. I had an RSV4 for a couple of weeks, and finding neutral was a lottery. The same with a friend's S1000RR I tried.

6. keitheg6

keitheg6 New Member

Never had an issue myself , 2018 SP with oe quick shift , have heard of issues with gear shaft play making them a bit sloppy on feed back, but a shaft support from racetorx sorts that at little expense. Have one fitted myself and 0 play.

7. Regal

Regal New Member

Appreciate the feedback Keitheg6 im glad its not all bad news with the cbr definitelty has changed my mind for the better , going to look at a couple over the weekend here now that ive heard good reports anything you guys would suggest i look out for ? They are all Below 10k miles

8. keitheg6

keitheg6 New Member

There great in my eyes feel far lighter than the sc59 model and the ohlin's kit is superior. Get a soft copy of the owners manual and get familiar with the menu navigation , dtc/suspention faults will be logged there if there's any present. if its been decat'ed it would probably want a map.

9. Ritchierich

Ritchierich Well-Known Member

I had a 2017 SP, not issues with false neutrals.

10. dainesefreak

dainesefreak Senior Member

I had a 2018 from new for about 18 months and I used to get false neutrals from 2nd to 1st and occasionally the other way round when commuting. Mostly at town traffic speeds 30's and 40's, was most annoying when needed to shift down when filtering. Had 7 Blades over the years and never had the issue before.

Was never when I was giving it some and wasn't something I found dangerous, just annoying when you're passing traffic and suddenly you're at 8/10k rpm. At least they knew I was there!

11. buz

buz Active Member

2017 SP with 16k and no problems with gear shift. Make sure you grease the shift lever bolt and adjust the height to suit your foot and boot.
    I think a lot of the reported problems are down to laziness.
    Minor oil leaks from engine side covers due to the factory being tight with the silicone.