24 hours of mixed emotions

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Freedom of choice, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

Horror and concern for people we don’t even know: what we witnessed in Central London yesterday evening.

Headache and regret: After four hours sleep the alarm went off, a lifted head off the pillow bringing regret for drinking a mixture of Lager, Champagne, white wine, red wine and brandy and a hangover from hell.

Feeling old: The intern questions what is a Crackerjack pencil and aren’t all televisions in colour.

Disappointment: being told I have lost a 15.5 million pound contact for 2014 based on flawed purchase criteria and dare I say not believing the reasons stack up, but hey, it’s only next year’s bonus when you consider some people don’t have a roof over their heads.

Pleased as punch: The sparks has been today and my man cave is fully wired for light, power and heating ready for moving my motorcycle in tomorrow (plus Carls new internet purchase if he hasn’t told Angie yet)

Relief: My new director goes on holiday for 17 days this evening and therefore my life becomes my own, if only till the 6th January.

Fury: We went to pick my car up from the station this evening after it being left over night to find a parking ticket despite putting a new ticket on it last night. Didn’t some post something about not paying parking tickets on private land? If they did, I can’t find it.

2. Dave V

Dave V Elite Member

Great news with the cave though David

3. t0m541

t0m541 Senior Member

The hangover will be the lager..it always is...

4. SIDEWAYS

SIDEWAYS Senior Member

Bless ya mate, I'm afraid on the work front you will always win some and lose some.Most business owners I know are all feeling the crunch even though the media say things are different.Some are doing better through diversifying but the majority are down on previous years.
    Your boss well all I can say is he sounds like a leech,sapping at your strengths and personal time.I hope you have a great 17 days off.As for the lager that's over indulgence,we all do it and pay for it the next morning..
    The ticket is a pain in the arse but you have a ticket to nullify that.
    And the man cave you're Lucky to have one.Enjoy:)

• Like Like x 1
  5. The.kickboxer

The.kickboxer Active Member

Don't pay that fine, only a person employed by a government authority I.e. A traffic warden or police office has the right to fine you. A threat of court action will never be followed through from a privateer, despite the so called doubling if not paid by etc. be strong and don't give in to fear.