520 Chain and Sprocket conversion

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by James2011, Feb 1, 2011.

1. James2011

James2011 Active Member

Hello all.

My 08 chain is really rusty (had it since new) and I fancy adding some golden chain bling and a new sprocket to match. Question: Is it worth going for a 520 conversion for that little bit of extra weight saving? Is is strong enough to cope with the Blades power?

I would like to keep the stock gearing so looking for standard teeth. Was looking at Renthal sprockets and a DID or EK chain.

Anyone done this or anyone got any pics of a nice bling chain & sprocket combo?

PS - Nice forum finally a UK site.

2. CastrolCraig

CastrolCraig Active Member

520 chain & sprockets are fine, go for renthal superlight sprockets & tsubaki chains, the same combination as used by every honda superbike team.

ive used this combo on road & track for years, and when working on customers bikes, be it either road or track, i always use them.

3. James2011

James2011 Active Member

Thanks CC nice one. I will go for that combo it sounds good. Nice to see that superbike teams use it, it's gotta be strong! Easy to change or do I need special tools?

4. James2011

James2011 Active Member