60% of sky has anyone been offered better?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Kevin1, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Kevin1

Kevin1 Elite Member

Sky TV are currently offering me 60 % off any package to get my business back. A friend of mine reckons he was offered 75 % off but he isn't sure?
    Has anybody on here been offered anything better than 60% off.

2. mr.h

mr.h Active Member

I was going to cancel all of it as we wanted fibre broadband... long chat but eventually they offered 50% off the tv package + 70% off the multiroom for 12 months and got phone,unlimited anytime landline calls & unlimited fibre broadband for £20 a month for 12 months - it was a much better deal than BT or any of the other headline grabbing broadband deals - plus we still have sky HD so every F1 race is on live and the wife & family still have the rest of the shite to watch! 60% overall sounds good?

3. T.C

T.C Elite Member

We are actually changing next Tuesday from Virgin to Sky. Virgin have been steadiy increasing their prices for the last few years to the stage where it is now unaccpatable given the poor service we have received.

Sky offered us a good deal, which works out at about 60% less than Virgin, but I don't know how it compares to others. Suffice to say, as soon as we told Virgin that we were leaving, they offered to price match or beat Sky.

They got quite upset when we told them that we were not interested as clearly they were only interested in customer loyalty when someone leaves, and last time we said we were leaving, they made us all sorts of promises, none of which they kept once we signed a new contract. But the main point we made to them which they did not like was, if they can make an offer like that off the cuff when we tell them we are leaving, why could they not have kept prices reasonable in the first place as we would not have considered leaving in the first place.

Anyway, with Sky at around 60% cheaper than Virgin, I can accept that for a year and if they start to put their prices back up, then we will shop around again.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. Kevin1

Kevin1 Elite Member

Sky usually put their price up in June for everyone, including those on new contracts.

5. BoroRich

BoroRich Elite Member

I've had the same issue over the last couple of months. My bill has crept up and up and I'm just not happy paying what I am now with Virgin. I've been with them for years but I've had enough so I'm going to give BT a try for a year. I don't really watch a lot of telly. Walking Dead, bit of the Comedy Channel and BT Sport for the MotoGP is all I really need.

If you're on Quidco, BT are offering £130 cashback for a Broadband and TV package.

6. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Not Sky but a few years back I got a 100% discount from o2. Yes I do mean that they said I could have my contract for free.

As for Sky, they have just told me about another price increase and so a call is imminent.

7. Tom68

Tom68 Active Member

we've just told Sky to Feck off!! sick of them putting prices up, just gone up £4 a month, overall price was £66 a month. Gone with BT £30 a month.
    Already had a few calls from them asking why after 15 years with them we have cancelled?! o_O:mad:

8. HRCTrev09

HRCTrev09 Well-Known Member

I got rid of Sky in March and have now got BT Infinity, fibre broadband + HD tv with Fox, Syfy etc! with BT sports thrown in and weekend calls £42 per month permanently no offer! Oh and a £100 Sainsburys gift card!
    Sky was bleeding me for £89 per month including bt sport for the same but with shite 2mbps broadband! So far I'm happy and better off ;)

• Like Like x 2