A-Ha....Sorted...

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by t0m541, Mar 23, 2014.

1. t0m541

t0m541 Senior Member

As a long term customer of BT, I get the sports free.
    Football holds absolutely no interest for me so it's MotoGP with the occasional UFC bout.

I've been watching these on my iPad using the app, although I did dabble with watching it on one of my laptops.
    But I found that I had to run it in Windows to use the Silverlight program as BT doesn't seem to like Linux :(

Obviously using the iPad is convenient but it's a small picture and not true HD, but after watching all the free practices and qualifying yesterday, I had the inspiration to have another go at linking the Windows machine to the HD TV with HDMI.
    I tried it once before in Linux to watch a movie, but although I got the HD picture, for some reason it wouldn't play the sound so I had to use the laptop as the speakers.

Anyway, as it seems that you can have on board bike views etc, I thought it worth another try to get the bigger picture.
    So after 15 minutes of configuring displays and dragging windows about, I have now got it all set for the opening race in 48in HD glory with sound :D

The "Do Not Disturb" sign will be getting hung on the door.... :D

As a side note...watching the post qualifying chat yesterday, I feel that Melanie Sykes is not really in her comfort zone and got completely left out of the conversations between James Toseland and the MCN guy as she has no knowledge at all about the bikes and racing.

2. sinewave

sinewave God Like

Yeah but she's FIT!

It's been a Girls 'Best Career Friend' for centuries and will continue till the end of time!

3. garyauk

garyauk Active Member

Good eye candy, but doesn't have a clue......and it shows!

4. Slim Ted

Slim Ted Active Member

I was a bit pissed off to find that you can't download the BT Sport app to your smart tv. I now realise of course that BT want you buy the complete tv package. Never thought to try to plumb my laptop into the tv, good call. I had thought about getting Apple TV but the box is about £100.00.

5. Skippy79

Skippy79 Active Member

can you stream the app from ipad through apple tv though? though you could only stream everything through the itunes with apple TV

6. Slim Ted

Slim Ted Active Member

Yes, I think you're right, that blows that idea! Right now I can't even see it on my ipad! Hope the pub is showing it...

7. Repsol Rob

Repsol Rob Elite Member

perhaps Mel will be more comfortable when the new presenter starts..................................... Des o Connor !! :D

8. sinewave

sinewave God Like

Fair play to Mel, I didn't think she did too bad.

You also have to remember Suzy Perry wasn't much cop either in her early years of Motorsports.

Don't rate her now TBH, Jake Humphries was far better.

• Like Like x 1
  9. t0m541

t0m541 Senior Member

Did anyone else's picture and feed keep on breaking down during the final race ???
    About ten times the picture froze for about a minute, then when it restarted the definition was rubbish.
    Was really starting to get annoying

10. Blackness

Blackness Active Member

I got a macbook and i just pull the hdmi cable out of the dvd player and whack it in the side of my laptop and boom, hd live stream on my 52" !
    You can plug anything into them really !
    Froze on last lap of moto2 and gave me an error code and i had to re-start it... Good timing :/ ! Only had a few buffers through the main event thankfully...

I only discovered i had btsport free yesterday as I've got their broadband package. How happy was i as i rescheduled my sunday :)

11. Repsol Rob

Repsol Rob Elite Member

In today's express ??

[​IMG]

12. BoroRich

BoroRich Elite Member

Yeah I thought that Sykes, Toseland and Neil Hodgson all looked like deer in headlights.

It was so awkward that I couldn't bring myself to watch anything other than the actual race.

13. t0m541

t0m541 Senior Member

What was Hodgson thinking, collaring Cal Crutchlow like that....Cal didn't look at all happy...