A moment of craziness...

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Blackness, Mar 14, 2015.

1. Blackness

Blackness Active Member

Hello all...

Had a strange battle with the voices yesterday...

A few weeks ago, as i was nearing the end of building my blade to its present glory, I started getting a mild anxiety as to what i was going to do with my hands after she was done... (if they are ever totally "done";))
    Even the Missus said "you'll have to look for something else to mess around with", (meaning bike :rolleyes:)
    I was already one step ahead of her and been looking through the local bike ads !

My requirements were:
    Cheap
    Something that needed a bit of tinkering
    Something that i could comfortably eat miles on
    Luggage would be nice as I'm sick of strapping on tail packs etc.
    Something i wouldn't mind getting wet and shitty (as blade will hopefully never see the rain again)

I kept reflecting back on one bike in particular.. Im not sure why, but i think a bit of nostalgia was involved from when i rode across america a few years back, which didn't actually involved this model, but similar.
    I didn't want to pay what he was asking, although still relatively cheap, so rang him up to see if he still had it and he did, so off i went to do some tyre kicking...

I turned up to this farm yard, and there she was... He had made no attempt to make it look nice ,(if that is possible), clean it or anything ! Always good for bargaining.. He was honest enough and told me she wasn't running well, which he suspected fuel pump. She was already running when i got there, which normally i don't like as i want to hear it start from cold, i went up and down the drive, as he said he wouldn't trust it to not conk out on a run, as it did to him. It rode fine for the few hundred meter test ride, and carried on happily burbling away after i got off it. o_O
    We had a little haggle, i um'd and ah'd, had another little haggle, then i said id go away and have a think about it for a while and call him...
    Had the angel and demon arguing away on my shoulders for a bit... Stared at it again on the web advert from all angles over and over... Had a count up of my cash funds hidden about the place... Thought "oh feck it" and called him up and said id have it :eek:

He delivered her this morning and he she is ! She has been christened, "Ol' Painless"... (We will see how much irony is in that name over the next month ;))

[​IMG]

Now, I'm gonna get her all good mechanically.. She's done 50k, which isn't bad at all for one of theses as they get up 250k in some cases.
    I have never worked on one and it all seems pretty basic, bordering on agricultural... I had a look at Goldwing forums for a bit of info gleaning but i have stubbled across a couple of hurdles.
    1. Im not what you'd call your average Goldwing owner and probably don't mix well with others.
    And, 2. Most other forums are crap in comparison to this one and i can't be arsed with joining..

I'm wondering if any of you lot may have a grandad or something that might have one of these, as what i need is a download of a workshop manual !

Any help, advise or piss taking gratefully received :D

#1 Blackness, Mar 14, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2015
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

That's well cool.... I'd love to rock up at some bike meets full 1 piece and see what looks you get lol

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

haha love it blackness, real mile muncher that one :) Looking forward to seeing what you do to her

4. scooby

scooby Elite Member

wouldn't want to try pick that up after dropping it :confused:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. GappySmeg

GappySmeg Well-Known Member

You sir, are a legend :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. sps170373

sps170373 Moderator
    Staff Member

No difference to the looks you get when you turn up in a 1 piece on a scooter ;)

7. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

The more I look at that the more I think, yeah missus on the back out for a cruise to Poole for the day out.. Hmmm tempting :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Blackness

Blackness Active Member

I fancy strapping the old Gopro on and see the reaction when we turn up for a track day o_O haha

• Like Like x 2
  9. Blackness

Blackness Active Member

Im feeling a bit of matt black happening here mate ;) ! The Missus has already given it a big thumbs up to the rear armchair ! Go on Lamby, treat yourself :D ! One word of warning... Your gonna need a bigger garage ! Ive jammed her at the back of mine and she's taken up most of the room and Blade is back against the door just staring at it in disgust o_O

[​IMG]

10. Blackness

Blackness Active Member

Its 315kg and no, it won't be fun getting off your leg :eek: ! Had to wait for Missus to get home to help give it a push over the little mount at the front of the garage as id worn myself out after 10 minutes of trying to bump it in there ! I can so see why they put a reverse gear on later models !

11. Womblewizard

Womblewizard Active Member

Better Change your Avatar :D:D:D
    chips.jpg

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Blackness

Blackness Active Member

Brilliant :D

And there was me gonna resort to one from back in my darker days ;)

[​IMG]

13. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Some ideas for your new Professor Pat Pending restoration knowing how much you like black & gold :D
    Asian-Goldwing-1.jpg

• Funny Funny x 3
  14. Blackness

Blackness Active Member

Hmmm, its not without charm... o_O

15. sinewave

sinewave God Like

Would make a good Track Day Van that! :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Blackness

Blackness Active Member

Exactly.... Tow bar on the back to pull the Blade... Boom, happy days :D

17. Gilesy

Gilesy Elite Member

haha some moment of craziness! you know what, we all would love to have shot of one of these to see what they are link and to be honest, I would probably like it haha... nice one G, look forward to the first video ;)

• Like Like x 1
  18. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

Wtf were you thinking!?!
    I have left that gap as I was trying all day to follow with something positive but I'm struggling right now lol

19. sps170373

sps170373 Moderator
    Staff Member

This might be more appropriate ;)

article-2585830-00000EB900000258-157_634x444.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad A very helpful Gent

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1