A Tale of No Bollocks

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by nigelrb, Mar 4, 2019.

1. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

True story follows:

On Friday whilst doing my usual eBay trawl, I spotted another aprilia RS50 in similar livery to mine, but not as good, which was listed at £1295. Thought to myself, (knowing that competition draws trade) here's an opportunity to make a killing.:)

I listed my 'Spain' RS for £1595 and by mid-weekend had 80-plus views and four watchers. Opened my eBay messages this morning and had three offers, with one prepared to 'Buy it Now' at the full asking price.:cool:

I couldn't let the damn thing go!:( I'm all prepared to sell the 'black' second bike which I've half completed, but this red one I just bollocksed out. Ended the listing stating that there was a tacho cable problem (to not totally burn two of the good offers) and messaged the prospective purchasers stating that I didn't want to disappoint by selling the bike with a problem. In reality, a tacho cable is an easy fix, or a suitable discount would secure the sale.

So, I have this great 50cc aprilia that is sweet to look at, all show but frig all go, 2 confirmed buyers on a string, and I'm dithering like like a young teen wondering whether to go 'all the way'. This is the 'emotional bond' some of us might develop with various possessions. I guess I have a few days grace to stump up and sell it, or wait until the end of year.:rolleyes:

2. hitch

hitch Elite Member

Hahaha....you'll look back on this and see just how mental it is!

Not a criticism, you understand, I am the same :confused:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Boothman

Boothman Elite Member

Wait until the weather has picked up - there’ll be more lookers and you’ll get a better price to reward your efforts

4. CBRGav

CBRGav Active Member

Sell it and get a rs125 or put the rest to out and get a 250:cool:

5. Gaffa22

Gaffa22 Well-Known Member

Just sell it and fund a new project

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Yeah, got it in one:). Just that it's hard to let go, sort of like trying to discipline myself not not watch the Kardashians each night:D.

I do fancy latching onto a VFR 400 because they're still well priced, unlike the RVFs.

7. Gaffa22

Gaffa22 Well-Known Member

know what you mean mate, it is hard to let something go that you have worked hard to restore

8. F1CT1C10U5

F1CT1C10U5 Well-Known Member