Ace cafe

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by bardo 1962, Jan 4, 2013.

1. bardo 1962

bardo 1962 Member

A gang of us from up north are riding down to the ace cafe on Sunday 12th May, we are riding down by motorway and back via anywhere but the motorway. Just a few things I hope our London members can help me with. Firstly is it easy to get to and secondly is there anything we need to know before we get there apart from the price of beer. Thanks.

2. BoroRich

BoroRich Elite Member

I'm not from London but from what I can see it's a piece of pish to get to. Stay on the M1 until it ends and then take the A406 North Circular Westwards. The Ace Cafe is actually on that road.

3. Givover

Givover God Like

That looks like the trip from hell dude .

4. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

its just off it tbh - only been once, but you can see it from the north circular but its on the road back, have to come off at the slip road and then over the bridge (depending where your coming from) then its easy from there.

Check what might be on, not that it matters, anyone can rock up, but might be good to go on a day they have something interesting on...

5. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

i'm not sure i would ride to manchester if it was there tbh!! ;)

6. bardo 1962

bardo 1962 Member

Its an organised club trip so stuck with the date so I hope something is on if not I'll just enjoy the ride.

7. abv

abv Active Member

12th May is BMW Bike Day!

The Ace is ok but I wouldn't do a 200 mile motorway trek to go there. It's just a cafe at the end day. Food's ok. Summer evenings when you had people doing stunts outside were quite amusing but I think they've cracked down on that now.

8. lambeth longshanks

lambeth longshanks Active Member

Ahoy, Bardo. As mentioned it's easy to get to. A bit of Google Maps and Street View action will see you right.

According to the website it's BMW motorbikes in the morning (that will be fun...) and Jap School bikes (?) at 6pm. But by that time you may have exhausted yourselves discussing the relative merits of The Long Way Down vs The Long Way Round, aluminium panniers and the ultimate dayglo tabard with your new-found, cylinder-deficient friends.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

Freedom and I made the trip to the fire blade day last year, for me it was a 200 mile round trip from Grantham and though it was a good day out you will need a second mortgage for burger and chips and we both concurred that the Ace was not worth the trip!
    Please I went would go again?

10. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

As Carl said it’s a great cafe with loads of character and memorabilia but would I go again unless it was for something special, I doubt it. Anyway here is the best map I can find as I can’t work out how to add into the post from Google Maps, its dead easy enough to find from the M1 just keep an eye on your right side as its set well back on the Old North Circular Road not on the dual carriageway itself.

maps.jpg

11. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

If you go down on the Saturday you may bump into Icarus...

12. IcarusGreen

IcarusGreen Elite Member

nah, I'm going down on Sunday…………………..

Ye you might meet me :rolleyes:

13. bardo 1962

bardo 1962 Member

Going on the Sunday, never been before so something off my bucket list. Thanks for the info one and all.

14. lambeth longshanks

lambeth longshanks Active Member

It's better when it's warm and dry and the utter nutters come out to play in the evenings. Wheelies, stoppies, rolling burnouts and the rest.

And then there's always one local hero who thinks wheelspinning his Corsa up the road is 'propa mental, bruv'. Idiot.

#14 lambeth longshanks, Jan 7, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2013