Action camera

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by rebel, Jan 28, 2016.

1. rebel

rebel Active Member

I'm buying my first action camera soon I was going to get the drift stealth 2 mainly because of the compact size I don't like the gopro too boxy then I noticed its only 30 fps this is ware my knowledge is limited would I notice much difference between 30 fps and 60 fps its only going to be used on the bike and played back on a phone or tablet

2. r1monkey

r1monkey Active Member

i have one of the first drift cameras that were made .it has been a great bit of kit .some of my mates have bought the newer ones and they have got smaller over time (the camera , not my mates) and now can be paired to your phone so that you can see where the camera is pointing (very handy for setting it up if you put it on the side of your helmet because if you fit the camera level ,the view changes as you get on the bike ) the frame speed is only used if you want play back in slow motion . Have a look on youtube for vids made by numpties like me rather than professionally made ones with the drift.

3. Singh1000RR

Singh1000RR Active Member

Hi, i use the Sony AS30V. Its small (less than palm size), HD and also includes Wifi and GPS! So you can overlay GPS data on your videos. Speed, long/lat and it even produces a map of your run. Comes with protective case.

PS- dont go posting your crazy speed videos on youtube!

4. thezipsteruk

thezipsteruk Elite Member

He has a good point, all my cheesy vids are shot on the Drift HD Ghost and I love the footage and the cam has been excellent.
    Baron V G has stopped filming in anything faster that 30fps because of issues so take from that what you will.
    I can't recommend it enough, by all means check out my various bike vids to give you an idea of quality in various weather/lighting conditions!

5. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

I know of a lot of people who have issues with the drift, freezing etc. The GoPro silver is far superior IMO. Also remember BVG gets free drift cameras hence why he uses them. 60 fps is also fantastic would not consider anything less footage looks way smoother and you get a much better sensation of speed. Just don't record anything over legal limits or face jail time..

6. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Bought the wife a Drift for her birthday last year. Only problem was it didn't like the 64gb card we put in it and would lock up and generally play silly buggers. Put a 32gb card in and it has been sweet.

Bought myself a Garmin Virb XE over xmas. I wanted the extra data stuff as I plan to try and get back into cycling. Not used it in anger yet but one good point is the ability to use GoPro mounts.