Acument Cat 1 Alarm

Discussion in 'Maintenance' started by Movistar, Sep 23, 2011.

1. Movistar

Movistar Active Member

Hello Again

Got a feeling I'll be posting alot in here lol

I have an alarm fitted - if I disconnect the battery and re-connect - do I have to mess around with recalibrating or setting up the alarm or does it remember its settings ?

thanks in advance

2. JM1

JM1 Active Member

Here's my random POV on this (please feel free to ignore though of course)....
    I would actually just remove the alarm because they don't prevent theft and are generally a pain in the neck.

(P.S. Just in case you didn't know, your bike has HISS2 immobiliser).

3. Moily

Moily Active Member

@Movistar - no you don't need to recalibrate. I take my battery off regularly and my Acumen still works when I reconnect.

@JM1 - I agree and disagree with your statement about them not preventing theft. Alarms certainly don't discourage a proper thief that is equipped to take your bike whatever, but they are handy for warning off the casual/opportunist toe-rag who might be sniffing around your bike when you're parked up at the shops or on a ride-out, for example.

4. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

Or a chink that wants to sit on it for a photo..... Im still pi**ed about that lol

5. fisher

fisher Active Member

I'm with JM1 on this matter, alarms are a pain in the arse, I had one on my 07 Blade, every time I filled up with fuel I had to reach for the Fob, it drained the battery every winter if the bike wasnt used, [normally around two weeks]

George white offered me an alarm when I bought my new Blade for free, I told them not to bother, and give me an RG tail tidy and a seat cowl instead, I will never have an alarm again. The vast majority of bikes that get stolen are loaded into the back of a van.

Oh as a footnote, I bought my 07 Blade from Exeter, I put it on my bike trailer and drove home with the alarm blarring all the way back to cardiff as I couldnt turn the bugger off, I passed countless Police cars along the way, they didnt give me a second look

6. Givover

Givover God Like

A stir-fry will never miss a photo opertunity. thats they are born to do.

7. Givover

Givover God Like

On the subject of alarms on most bikes i have had them and what a pain in the arse .I mainly had them due to insurance pressure however on this one i changed bikes mid term and just told them i had one .Now i have changed companys this week to Swinton and told the dude it has non only to be told it doe's not matter as the honda system is Thactham approved and its only 30 sheets more on the premium against the 4oo sheets for the poxy alarm which when you trade in even after 1 month has no value (double whammy) Rant over .

8. JM1

JM1 Active Member

The thing is that late model superbikes are generally stolen by pros, not opportunist street monkeys.

9. Movistar

Movistar Active Member

i find that the alarm is fine when I am fueling up, and I can also put it convenience mode with one push of a button meaning the alarm wont go off even if I am moving it around or rocking her. Just have to remember to turn that function off once I want to re-arm.