adverts appearing in the forum threads

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Ian63, Dec 16, 2014.

1. Ian63

Ian63 Active Member

Any idea how to get rid of the stupid ads that take up part of the first threads on my android phone? Despite clicking on the cross to delete the ads they continue to appear. Thanks in advance

2. Garyb

Garyb Moderator.
    Staff Member

You can't I'm afraid 'well as far as I know'
    You'll find The ads are more intrusive when viewing without logging in,
    Google came back to the forum once we'd cleaned up all of our scantily clad ladies from its pages as it didn't like the content and would not associate itself with such smut as its a family friendly search engine Blah blah blah :(
    that said I believe you can direct the ads to suit your needs a little better so if Russian/Asian brides to be ain't your bag....

Oh, hang on......

3. GappySmeg

GappySmeg Well-Known Member

I would also add, that when viewing on my phone (whether logged-in or not) if the first post of a thread contains an embedded video, the advert covers two-thirds of the video!

Just plain annoying, and there doesn't seem to be a way around it... surely the creator of the site can take a look at that blatant cock-up?

4. madmac

madmac Well-Known Member

Use the Tapatalk app to view the forum with - no adverts in that! :)

5. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Odd that when I use Safari on the pad I get the obtrusive ads until I log in but using Safari on my phone I get no adverts at all, logged in or not.

And yes, the mail order dating thing is getting a bit old now.

6. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Google won't allow ad blockers in the Play Store so you can either have to put up with them, possibly using another browser, or use tapatalk which has gone to the dogs lately.