Advise please

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by wilky007, Dec 3, 2014.

1. wilky007

wilky007 New Member

Looking for your thoughts on this people. I am looking at having a stall at next years bike show I do personalised items like phone cases,mugs and t shirts all sorts really. So you could have the picture you have had taken with your fav rider and put it straight onto any item while you wait. Thank you all in advance

2. red5

red5 Well-Known Member

Concept sounds good fella, only sticking point will be the cost to lease the pitch.
    I was talking to one stall holder this year he told me it had cost him 30k! wether that was BS I don't know.

3. wilky007

wilky007 New Member

I hope it was BS i just do it in my spare time cant pay that at all might get a pitch in the car park lol

4. SIDEWAYS

SIDEWAYS Senior Member

That's a lot of dough but peanuts to the big boys.Might pay you to approach a supplier,manufacturer and rent a space off them for back hander money.You could offer them stock in their own livery as a trade in deal too.

• Like Like x 1
  5. 1000rr73

1000rr73 Active Member

Can't all be that dear though surely?..... The Honda owners club had a smsll stall and I'd be surprised if they paid much for it.

6. wilky007

wilky007 New Member

I am waiting on a reply back to see how much it would be.
    does anyone know who i could speak to on here to see if i can sell some of my items on here

7. BikersDiscountStore

BikersDiscountStore Active Member

Space if you want to retail at the NEC is £224 + vat per sq metre for just the space, shell scheme is £280 + vat.

• Like Like x 1
  8. SIDEWAYS

SIDEWAYS Senior Member

I'd go for the shell scheme.Looks more professional and stops people nicking stuff from the sides and back.I did Automechanika a few years back and the things people nick like a 1 1/2 half bottles of wine,hats, a chair, a stapler and a calculator.It was rife.
    We were well pissed off when we lost the wine cos we had to trek a mile to get another.We vowed never again to do an open pitch!!

9. Garyb

Garyb Moderator.
    Staff Member

If your serious have a talk/PM with Remal 'Matt' he runs the admin side of things and he can In turn pass it over to Rob and see if they will give you a spot in the traders section. Sure it won't be as much as the NEC prices.
    A word from the wise. They are a very honest bunch on here, be prepared for wearing thick skin & obtaining broad shoulders if you're successful.
    Lay your stall out correctly & you could do well?

Or you could ignore all that & just slip me a few products and I'll keep quiet ;)

• Like Like x 1
  10. wilky007

wilky007 New Member

You can have a discount lol