Aferry-dont use!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Evogixer, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Evogixer

Evogixer Active Member

Just so others don't fall into the same trap as me:

I usually book direct with Brittany Ferries for LeMans/Bol(I will now continue to do so) but on the 6th time, I thought I would shop around. I am used to inputting vehicle details at any stage between booking & travel (in this instance 5 months...) . I select motorcycle as the vehicle. 4 people travelling. I complete the booking. giving my bike details which I assume I can fill in the others when I have collected their reg No's...
    The following day, I find that only one vehicle per booking is possible! How on earth can a system in this era, allow 4 people to book on one bike??? If there is a limitation, it is not hard to flag this up when the bike option is selected surely? But no, they took the money & when I asked them to add the other 3, it was another £174, thus misleading me on the original quote. If it had been clear, I wouldn't have used them. As it turned out, not only did it cost more than with Brittany but to add to my frustration. I had to pay upfront, instead of a deposit & balance in July as I usually do.
    When I challenged them about this & demanded a cancellation, they denied their system had a flaw & would charge me a £35 fee for this. No coincidence that this is the deposit Brittany charge. So ascertaining that this Co runs itself on other people's money (£524 over 5mths in this case), I'd liken my experience to being had by Vlad The Impaler.
    I sent three emails offering them the chance to rectify the situation & avoid these online reviews, but they simply weren't interested.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
    This is a review copy, hence a bit long winded.

2. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

I've used Brinney ferries many times for the 24 hour le mans and euro trips. using them again next month for my next Euro trip but never had a issue like this. But the booking a bike with 4 people and then expecting to charge a fee is not on. I would make a complaint to someone higher up with regards to this. You are bound to be able to google the email address

3. Evogixer

Evogixer Active Member

I tried, waste of time, best to avoid them, I'll go direct every time in future, despite it looking a better deal on first impressions.

4. sps170373

sps170373 Moderator
    Staff Member

A quick phone call to trading standards might help your case with them as they won't want to get on the wrong side of them

5. sps170373

sps170373 Moderator
    Staff Member

A quick phone call to trading standards might help your case with them as they won't want to get on the wrong side of them

6. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Was it a credit card you used? If so raise a dispute through them.

Debit Cards are said to give the same protection but I don't know for sure about them.