Aftermarket Exhaust

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by fisher, Jun 19, 2011.

1. fisher

fisher Active Member

Looking around for a "Can" I still cant decide which one, but I kinda like this. Question is would I need a Power commander for the O2 sensor, this seller seems to have sold hundreds of them, so they cant be that bad ?
    I saw one on a bike at George Whites yesterday, and I asked the salesman to fire the bike up, it sounded really nice, a very low/loud grumble :Banane21:

GP Style Exhaust Honda CBR 1000 08-09 Fireblade EX65 on eBay (end time 24-Jun-11 06:16:33 BST)

2. scratcher

scratcher Active Member

This looks like a slip-on so I don't think you need any more modification. Get the pipe then you can buy the PC later on to maximize the power from removing the cat. You can do a DIY o2 eliminator for a few pounds when you have fitted the PC. You need to disconnect the 02 eliminator when a PC is fitted because the bike will just override your PC map. All the eliminator dose is puts the fault light out on the dash. You will not damage anything form just running the bike with the slip-on.

3. JM1

JM1 Active Member

Everything else you said was correct, but these two points are both slightly wrong. A quick search on this site will give you the right info.

4. TonyBlue

TonyBlue Active Member

Okay, I have not changed mine yet.

What overall is the best?

Most desirable, most power etc?

5. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

Dont get that Exhaust mate. I nearly bought 1 from DanMoto untill i researched it and found poor reviews mentioning them turning green with heat and having rust problems.
    I went for the hotbodies GP style slip on which also didnt have a lamda boss and was about the same dimensions

It was very loud but the bike ran like crap with the FI light on and The fuelling was defiantly way out so i would defiantly of needed a power commander.
    I ended up reselling it as it sounded like thunder coming down the road and at the time didnt have funds for a power commander, it would be interesting to try it again now with my power commander but still it was way to loud

6. fez.57

fez.57 Well-Known Member

if you want a loud can that simply slips on and doesnt need any re-mapping or anything then i dont think you can go far wrong with the G.P.R thunderslash that i currently have, they are quite hard to find as they are not supplied for the 1000rr any more just the cb1000r, but it runs perfectly and is very loud even with the baffles in

Attached Files:

7. flatstickHRC

flatstickHRC Active Member

Thunderslash! Sounds like something you do after too many stellas!

Never seen that one before but looks good

I would say any exhaust you get are all much the same just make sure it has an s-bend link pipe or you will lose power.

8. dan.1moore1

Nice bike!! is that a yoshi infill panel ? Where did you get it separate ?

9. JM1

JM1 Active Member

OK, the ebay pipe is clearly crap, but also the cheapest around :)
    And I _think_ the GPR was deemed crap by a UK bike magazine who tested it and lost power.

10. megawatt

megawatt Well-Known Member

I can make you a stainless can to virtually any design you chose including a serpentine (S bend) link pipe. It will be considerably less cost than the ones that you can buy elsewhere. Just need a few dimensions from you and some patience as I'm snowed under at the moment???

11. Jamz

Jamz Active Member

Id second the opinion on not getting that GP can mate... just looking at the welds, they look awful

could only imagine what colour it would go too after some use

12. fisher

fisher Active Member

Ok many thanks for the info guys, the search continues then, I do like the look of the GPR though, how much did it cost mate

13. fisher

fisher Active Member

Thats a great offer, thanks a lot mate, I'll give it some thought

14. megawatt

megawatt Well-Known Member

Will PM my number for a chat mate?

15. fez.57

fez.57 Well-Known Member

no its a leo vince infill panel, it was bought of their website then sprayed to match the bike, the exhaust was already one the bike when i bought it so im not too sure of the cost, you are right though this can does not have a s bend link pipe so it may loose a tiny bit of power but i feel that the low range is increased over the stock exhaust and mid range is still just as amazing, maybe you do loose 1-2 maybe 3bhp up top but with the weight saving it probably levels that effect out, also the exhaust has been on the bike for a while now and no dis-colouring has occured as of yet

#15 fez.57, Jun 20, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2011
  16. dan.1moore1

Cool i might get that. i have a carbon 1 from scorpion but it doesn't line up well.. Iv asked the same question in your thread so no need to re answer mate