Alpinestars or Dainese

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Freedom of choice, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

I am considering buying a one piece suit, willing to spend up to a about grand maximum on the suit including new gloves. Current leathers are a Dainese jacket and trousers which are really comfortable and great quality leather but hankering for a one piece. The trousers are like brand new as I am to lazy to bother putting them on if only going for a short ride. A one piece will ensure I cover up properly and that I am fully protected at all times.

Apinestars Tech 1-R and GP pro gloves are looking pretty good but then so does some of the Dainese kit.

What would you guys suggest?

2. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Personally, I'd go dainese.... Think their stuff is that little bit better. And looks way nicer.

Good shout on the 1 piece mate, best think I ever bought.

3. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

I have had both and Find the Dainese gear is comfy, fits well and what i now go for most of the time

4. BlackDevil

BlackDevil God Like

Alpinestars ! Try them on and you know why. They are better looking as well.

5. Benn The Pig

Benn The Pig Well-Known Member

I have everything alpinestars not purposely but mainly due to the fact it fits me!

6. Shameless

Shameless Active Member

Go for what makes you feel good, For a grand I would like to be Casey or Valentino. Its a big budget.

7. arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad A very helpful Gent

A grand...mmm... My mate just got a Dainese D Air one peice cost £3,500.00 plus £150.00 a year insurance for some reason you have to haveit or they wont sell it to you, free repairs and recharge.... I would hope so too...lol

8. Barmbyblade

Barmbyblade Active Member

+1 I find Alpinestars a better fit

9. arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad A very helpful Gent

Oh and I have arlen ness kangaroo.. :) love it too... Rrp 999.00 paid 750 in a sale..

10. Givover

Givover God Like

The gloves er fit like a glove (But try first) seem to be a bit on the small size.Always had a 1 piece suit but have to say they are a ball ache either getting them on or off.Plus ok when in the bike riding position but they seem to be tight in the goolies when walking i am also on the lookout for a suit and perhaps will end up with a 1 piece but i am sure a two piece is perhaps the why forward for the road.

11. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

Thanks Benn but if they fit you I have to look elsewhere I aint no super hero dude