Alternative screens & huggers - pictures

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by damodici, Jul 16, 2011.

1. damodici

damodici Active Member

Well, I'm getting a little closer:)

Meant to pick the bike up today but it's crap weather so may have to trailer it back from the dealers , obviously nows the time to spend more money today on the net and figured it's be good to actually know what some of the better brands are when buying screens & huggers

I've read a post which suggests a few just went with the Honda higher screen but it'd be nice if you guys could put up some pics of various types of higher screen and tinted ideally, I know it sounds stupid but some double bubbles have horrendous profiles which are hard to spot from manufacturers sites.

Also similar with huggers, my bike actually has a brand new Honda one on but it's one of the larger size type (maybe that's hondas)

I actually like shorter huggers so again who makes a good fit one and any pics would be appreciated!

In a few hours time I'll be no doubt washing road crud from my new toy and for once I can't wait :)

2. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

With the standerd short hugger my bike was getting stinking . Under tray was getting stone chips etc so i bought the large gp style hugger and it protects the bike loads

3. damodici

damodici Active Member

Just wanted to bump this thread chaps as I'm still trying to decide on a screen.

I've read on the 1000rr.net site that some people had issues with clocks melting or something using puigs and/or a different type screen, I'm guessing though that's for those lucky few which actually have good weather.... We don't :(

So contenders are the extremely expensive Honda higher screen, a Puig or frankly any that look and fit ok. I don't exactly need it to have any graphics on and also I just want it to be tinted, look ok and be a little higher.

Can a couple of you put a pic up and let me know what is what?

Cheers

4. flatstickHRC

flatstickHRC Active Member

Get the genuine Honda one mate. They fit perfect and has a warranty same as any other part of the bike. They're the same money as puig and zero gravity anyway but you know they will be best quality as it's genuine honda

5. scratcher

scratcher Active Member

6. flatstickHRC

flatstickHRC Active Member

Think they're only about £10 cheaper

I had a zero gravity on my k7 gixer a few years back and it was ok but not as good as OEM part i reckon.

7. JM1

JM1 Active Member

Honda or Zero Gravity.