Am I the only person who thinks......

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by exuptoy, Apr 18, 2015.

1. exuptoy

exuptoy Elite Member

...that some people have a fucking cheek!

TBH I'm pretty fucked off recently with knob eads on eBay and the like not just making an offer but assuming I am GOING to take what they think is a fair price without question. Not even answering them now. They just get ignored. Cocks!
    When things are for sale on a fixed price offer or on a forum like this then thats what it's worth to me and is still a reasonable price and at least 30%-40% cheaper than list. Just saw a thread on here in the sales page. Really grips my shit. Not sure if you guys think the same?

#1 exuptoy, Apr 18, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Sticky

Sticky New Member

eBay tends to be a magnet for fuckwits. I used to advertise stuff on there quite clearly stating they were available in red, blue or white, only to get asked if they were available in blue. :mad:

Spotted an auction recently for an iPhone 4s, which went for £70odd with loads of bids, looked tempting until you actually read the description and it was just the box!

Folk tend to just read what they want to see.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Sticky

Sticky New Member

4. Kevin1

Kevin1 Elite Member

I recently sold an arai rx7 GP, but it now for £150 plus postage at £15 for Parcelforce. I also offered my Hermes at £10. A guy buys it straight away, telling he'd done me a favour and he'd paid £10 postage but wanted me to send it Parcelforce for the £10. I said no, it was extra fiver for PF, he said he'd send another £2.50. Once again I said no, eventually he sent me message saying he'd sent the full fiver. Tosser, they try it on all the time. He'd already got a bargain and wanted more. I couldn't bring myself to leave him feedback. I know I should've to warn others.

5. Jcbmally

Jcbmally Active Member

Feel the same pal, I had a set of 18" alloys for sale, 10 month old (powder coated, new tyres 5 x wheels & tyres) that cost £1500 new all in. I was selling them at £500 and yes you could buy a new shoite set of wheels and tyres for the same price but c'mon these were £1500. The various tits were asking "will you take £200 pal" or even had "will you take tyres off mate, I'll give you £100 for the tyres". So soz it's long winded Exuptoy, but yes they have a fookin cheek and they are cocks.

#5 Jcbmally, Apr 18, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  6. mikesouthby

mikesouthby Active Member

Now there's an idea, I have like 50 odd iPhone boxes at work ;)

7. Jcbmally

Jcbmally Active Member

8. charger

charger Active Member

9. exuptoy

exuptoy Elite Member

Looks like he'd relisted it before they pulled the ad!

10. DCB

DCB Active Member

49.9% cheaper and we have a deal Lyn!!!!!!:D

11. exuptoy

exuptoy Elite Member

F'cough pedant! ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. GARDENVAC

GARDENVAC Active Member

13. GARDENVAC

GARDENVAC Active Member

Guys, its the same on Gumtree. You put everything you can in the ad including the asking price, and you can bet yer last bollock some total ball bag will ask you every fuckin, question about it that you have already described in the advert. Its like some dick of a mate has told them about it and they haven,t the wit to read it for themselves. Oh, and another thing, fuckin amateur scammers are rife on Gum-tree. I guarantee if you put anything of high value on it, the texts will start within an hour. Melts my fuckin, boiler it does. Their number always comes from the same message centre. You can,t then reply to tell them to and fuckin, bury themselves and leave honest people to get on with life. Rant over. Bad day at work. Wonder has that anything to do with this reply?.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Robbo52

Robbo52 Active Member

Yep, just sold my bike on ebay and in the advert it clearly stated that I wouldn't accept any offers so don bother asking. Then I get the "I know it says no offers but I've only got x amount". These dickheads keep breeding!

15. t0m541

t0m541 Senior Member

Back in 2011, I was selling a 125 crosser on Gumtree, it was brand new and unregistered, but I had bought a 600 straight after and couldn't be arsed with the registering it.
    Anyway I got an email from some bloke, said he had just gone offshore on the rigs and so wouldn't be back for 2 weeks but wanted the bike, pay the asking price unseen and would get it collected.
    Great :), so I emailed him back and said the bike was his.

Then I get this email from him
    Hello Tom,

I have just made the payments now and i expect PayPal to have emailed by now, i sent £1,100.00 GBP in all to your PayPal Account,I added £250.00 GBP meant for pick up fee commission and delivery and £100.00 GBP for the western union charges fee , they said they have emailed you to this effect, you will need to send the £250.00 GBP to the pick up agent via western union money transfer,so that PayPal can credit £1,100.00 GBP into your account as soon as you have emailed the western union details (Actual Amount Sent,10-Digits MTCN#,Sender name and Sender Address) to PayPal Customer Care, i added extra £100.00 GBP to cover the western union charges which shouldn't be more that £50-£60, Here is the pick up agent information needed to get the money sent through western union money transfer:You can also get the Western Union Done online via www.westernunion.com

Name : Arojojoye Joseph
    Address : No 22 Lebanon street,
    City : Ibadan,
    State : Oyo State.
    Zip code : 23402
    Email address : [email protected]

I will need the details of the transfer once you have sent fund . . .
    1.The MTCN number that is the 10 digits number on the Western Union receipt
    2.Sender's name and address used in sending the money
    3.Actual amount sent

Regards.
    :eek:
    Hang on...I thought your name was Fred Williams...working in the north sea...
    Within 2 minutes of "Freds" email I got one from the shipping company...who had the same street address and same ip address as Mr "Williams"
    Ding-A-Ling goes the scam bells...Nice try....o_Oo_O
    Of course, no such funds hit my Paypal account and no way was I sending money through western union..
    So I emailed back and explained that I wasn't sending any money through western union, especially as Nigeria has the reputation of scammer central.

I then received a couple of emails, supposedly from Paypal security, telling me that I was under investigation for scamming and that if I didn't send Fred Williams the £250 straight away by money transfer then the cyber police would be called. :oops:

Of course when I checked the email headers and source code, none of it had come from Paypal or in fact anywhere north of the equator.

So I declined their kind offer..;)

Oh Dear..That made them set the hounds on me :(:(

ome | Jurisdiction | Wanted by The Scotland Yard Police Authority| Press Releases | Infragard | Intrimeernet Cnt Center | Fraud Prevention | Employment

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Cyber Investigations

Hello Tom Simpson,

We received a mail from Fred Williams, about you refusing to send the courier fees (£250.00 GBP) that has already been added to the payment he made to your account (But still pending in our data base system) by doing this, you are liable to scam because the funds will still be credited in to your account later after so Investigation is going on.

At the buyer's request, your transaction has been suspected of an online scam. The owner of this email Fred Williams ([email protected]) surrendered this email account ***** all your ip address including your other details to The Scotland Police Authority headquarters for further investigation due to recent Gumtree scam activities. Any further communication through the buyer's email will be logged & used in the activities of our investigations.
    We want you to go and settle with him, otherwise you will face the wrath of law. We are giving you 12hours to finish any transaction between you and Dilan Jason.

Thanks for your co-operation .
    Yours sincerely,
    The PayPal Security Team

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Looks Legit....
    OMG...I'm in trouble now !!!!
    The Wrath Of Law......

There was an accompanying picture of a Sweeney type arrest, with "coppers" pinning the crook down over the bonnet of a "Police" car, obviously taken from a "b" rated movie poster..
    I shat my pants....with laughter...:D:D:D:D

Anyway I sent the whole lot to the real Paypal fraud section...
    Oddly enough I never heard from Mr "Williams" again and sold the bike to a lad a few miles down the road for cash in my hand..
    Full asking price..

16. old git

old git Active Member

I've never had any success trying to sell bikes on ebay. My first experience was trying to sell an old xt500, I had it's condition accurately described and clearly stated it wasn't standard and while it ran well its condition was far from immaculate. There were numerous high quality photos to confirm its condition and deviation from standard. There were 2 bidders who seemed to get carried away and bid way over what it was worth. Being new to ebay I was happy enough for the winner to pay all the money on collection. He turned up and when he saw the bike he insisted that it wasn't the bike he bid on and refused to pay. This guy had an 800 mile round trip to waste my time and his. Many photos, a comprehensive and accurate description and this idiot appeared to think he was getting a bike in show room condition. Have had a few other less than satisfactory attempts at selling on ebay and have concluded it's not for me. That said I've had many good purchases from ebay.

17. hoggyjay

hoggyjay Active Member

I just sold a trackbike on ebay and it was a royal pain. Basically the same stories as above. Listed the bike, spec and price. My favourite question was "will you take £2700 for the bike" (advertised at £3500), strangely enough I declined. The fud then sent a message "good luck getting £3500 for that". This was after a long list of piss poor offers from others!!!!! The bike sold and I got what I wanted!!!!!!!!!!

A mate of mine sold a Yamaha R1 for £2100 on the Monday, bloke drove it down to Wales then flogged it on via eBay for £3000. Oh he wasn't happy but how we laughed!!!!!

• Funny Funny x 1