And the demise of Wigan Honda

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Boothman, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Boothman

Boothman Elite Member

Further to @Kevin1's post re Lancaster Honda the same will be happening to Wigan Honda. Just got this.........

You will more than likely be aware that we merged our Lancaster site into our Super Centre at Blackpool at the end of September. The second, and final phase of our plan, will see our Wigan site merge into our Super Centre at the end of the year.

Blackpool therefore establishes itself even further as the ultimate destination point for motorcyclists in the North West. Our site in Blackpool is simply amazing and all our loyal customers from Lancaster and Wigan will be made more than welcome. Your service and warranty arrangements will be transferred to our Super Centre, with the option of a collection and delivery service from your home or place of work.

We are incredibly passionate and excited about the future. We will be bringing together the best team of people, inside the best premises, with the offer of the best service and value for money. That way we can look forward to many years of successful business representing the Honda brand.

2. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

I am geographically challenged for the northern areas. Would that mean it's a real trek for you (and others of course) to Blackpool?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Boothman

Boothman Elite Member

Wigan honda is maybe 2 miles from my home whereas the place in Blackpool is 40 miles away

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Wow.
    Some won't go 40 miles for a service and others won't go 40 miles to BUY a bike!!:mad:

5. Boothman

Boothman Elite Member

In future it’ll be Holdcroft in Warrington (12 miles) or Hunts in Manchester (31 miles) I suspect, though I’ve no experience with either to know if they’re decent or just money grabbers

#5 Boothman, Oct 25, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
  6. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

I think you'll find that @PauloHRC has had a very good run with Hunts. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

I wasn't aware Holdcroft Honda do motorbikes Boothman? I've always done the 9 miles to Wigan Honda, won't be doing the 41 miles to Blackpool. Hunts are good, that's where my blade came from. Smith's at Chester are good too. Shame about Wigan.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

Yeah I'd have no problem getting my next bike from them...... If Honda offer deals anything like what I got on my 2018 SP, it'll be difficult to turn down the new blade.

If Yamaha offered the same sort of deals on the new 2020 R1 though I'd defo choose one over the Honda :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Boothman

Boothman Elite Member

I didn't know Holdcroft did bikes until I did a Honda UK site search for bike dealers
    https://www.honda.co.uk/motorcycles/dealers/holdcroft-honda-warrington-cheshire.html

10. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Kevin1

Kevin1 Elite Member

40 miles for me to Blackpool Honda. Lancaster was 8 miles. I don't really see that I've got much choice. LH are keen to court future business, so it'll be interesting to see if they are willing to collect my bike for servicing.

12. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Wow! You too?:cool:

This is quite amazing in that just this very tiny sampling of motorcycle enthusiasts, so many are considering (or have already done so!) defecting from Honda. Makes complete sense too, because any company that offers essentially the same product for effectively 11 years is bound to lose much of its customer base.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

You do have to love the way they try and sell bads news as good news.

Bad news folks we are shutting Wigan down so no more short trips or dealing locally.

We're going to save a shedload by having less outlets, the managers won't have to do boring trips to Wigan or Lancaster, and our current mechanics will just have to work harder.

Please come to our new centralised location. We know you will lose the personal service you may had had from a trusted shop for many years, and that the people you may have dealt with for years will either be made redundant now or resign in a few months when the commute gets too much, but hey have I mentioned how good our new site is?

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Boothman

Boothman Elite Member

Insult to injury I’ve just been to Holdcroft at Warrington and no they don’t do nor plan to do motorcycles. It’s a mistake on the Honda UK website that they are aware of and have reported repeatedly to them, but it has never been corrected.

So it’ll be Hunts or Yamaha then unless anyone knows of a good Honda independent near Wigan?

15. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

Yes I thought that was the case Boothman. There's Smith's at Chester aswell if you need another option. Quite handy aswell if you are heading over to North Wales.

• Useful Useful x 1
  16. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

I'm wondering if, with the help of @sps170373 , we could compile a 'sticky' (on the maintenance thread) of favoured non-dealer technicians/workshops for the benefit of all?

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Boothman

Boothman Elite Member

Brilliant suggestion @nigelrb :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. Selmer50mark

Selmer50mark God Like

Blackpool Honda is a five minutes from me;) , but I only get oil filters off them o_O