another engine rattle thread :-)

Discussion in 'Maintenance' started by nickcbr, Sep 7, 2011.

1. nickcbr

nickcbr Active Member

Hi guys,

i have a slight rattle coming form my 05 blade (currently around the 9k miles mark). It is a definate rattle when its cold, not very loud you need to listen for it but when you have heard it you can hear it every time. It sounds like its coming from the clutch area and seems more pronounced on over run when revving slightly from cold. It dissapears ewhen the engine warms up and as its starting to dissapear is definately reduced when you pull the clutch in.

Before i pop her back into the garage where i bought it from what do you reckon, cct or just standard clutch rumble?

Cheers
    Nick

2. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

I have an RR5 55 plate with only 2074 miles on the clock, mine also rattles a bit when cold, its something to do with the oil take up in the sump being close to the gear box or something like that?? I'm told its nothing to be concerned about.

• Like Like x 1
  3. nickcbr

nickcbr Active Member

Thanks Carl, I'm hoping mine will be the same. You know what its like when you get a different bike, every noise sounds alien until you get used to them being there lol.

4. Givover

Givover God Like

Someone once said that if the bike is on the side stand in the garage the oil drains down and to one side .Might be a bunch of crap but there are a few handy boys on here that would know or could comment.

5. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

Upgrading from a 600 the first thing i noticed on the blade was how much noisier the engine is having more rattle and vibration type noise. my bike is brand new but still a lot more noise from the engine than my 4 yr old 600.

just a thought

6. Bats

Bats Active Member

Dont worry about it mate its a homda ;) i mean how many fireblades any year do we no of that have engine probs bar a cct?

Also a mate of mine motorbike tuner say the noiser the engine the better figure on the dyno lol ;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

Its when it doesn't make a noise you have to worry

• Like Like x 2
  8. Bats

Bats Active Member

Correct man :)