Anti-biker phone-in

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by BoroRich, Aug 20, 2012.

1. BoroRich

BoroRich Elite Member

Ooooooh!!!!! [​IMG]

I was listening to a phone in today on BBC Tees and I literally couldn't believe my ears ([​IMG] if you've met me :D)

There was a policeman on doing the whole "speed kills" thing followed by some of the most idiotic, joyless w*nkers I've ever heard spouting off their views on what should be done to bikers and their bikes. They included

Fitting speed restrictors to all bikes.

Fitting trackers to all bikes.

Jailing bikers caught breaking the speed limit.

Taking away a biker's bike and crushing it if he's caught speeding.

and finally....and I really couldn't believe that I was hearing this. Some doddery old b*stard who phoned in suggested....

"You should take away their racing gear"

To which the DJ replied......."what....you mean their bikes?"

"No....their racing gear. The clothes and the helmets. If they weren't wearing that they'd have to slow down because they wouldn't be as well protected"

Seriously. I don't get riled by much but if the fella had been within reaching distance I'd have thrown my poo at him.

2. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

People with too much time on their hands, poorly informed people or just dumb people.

3. arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad A very helpful Gent

Oh! Ok then I feel the same about car drivers, CRUSH THEM ALL I say! :D

• Like Like x 2
  4. MrB

MrB God Like

twats

5. GappySmeg

GappySmeg Well-Known Member

I read a great article a few years back (BBC Website I think?) about just WHY some non-bike people are so anti-bike.

A psychologist-type said that a key reason is because they fool the observer into thinking they are going WAAAAAY faster than they actually are... the small size, the multiple colours, the fact that its quite a complex, detailed shape (compared to a car) and the usually much higher-pitch exhaust note all combine into making them look much faster than they are... so, the casual observer thinks we are always going lots over the speed limit!

Interesting, I thought...

6. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

I just think they hate me cos I look gooooood.....

Haters gotta hate.....then they phone radio stations.

7. arthurbikemad

Your NOT wrong, an old bird (fat ugly bird not one with feathers) keeps running out in the road just down from my girls, the old bag keeps waving her arms at me and my mates even though we're only doing about 25mph in a 30 I keep pulling over and asking her what's the f##### problem, your speed she said, I'm only doing 25 you fat old bag! She had a right mouthful from me a few times but she asked for it, running out in the road the crazy beatch, I told her last time my speed is below the limit and next time you run out in front of me I'm gonna run your fat ass over!

• Like Like x 5
  8. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

My 750ss had standard cans so was reasonably quiet, but you know what they're like at low speed, the transmission shunt from the bad fuelling shakes your fillings out. So I would keep in second gear driving through my village. I'm a great believer of not shifting where you eat so always, always stick to the 20mph limit but anyone over the age of 65 would start waving at me and gesturing 'down' signals when I went past.

Maybe if I was in my underarmour and no helmet they'd leave me alone.

9. GappySmeg

GappySmeg Well-Known Member

Yeah, exactly... I started looking in to the subject after an old lady who sits on the bench by Tall Pines golfcourse had waved her stick at me for the 3rd time.

Thing is, its a 60 limit, but the road surface is terrible, and the bench is on a tight-ish bend... I'm only ever doing 35-ish when I go past her, the mental old bat!

10. arthurbikemad

It's time like that I roll out the supermoto....lol

11. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Back when I was rallying, one particular farmer became so unhinged at the cars going by his farm that he actually set his dogs on us.

Now what, exactly a sheep dog is going to do in order to stop a mini cooper s at full chat I don't honestly know, but fortunately for all concerned your average border collie is far more intelligent than the inbred orcs that pass for agricultural experts in these parts and was having none of it.

• Like Like x 1