Any CAR Mechanics / auto wizards Here ??

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by dan.1moore1, Nov 13, 2011.

1. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

Any CAR Mechanics / auto wizards Here ??

I am on a forum for my car but they are all aged 17 to 20 and prefer to talk about how wide they're Exhaust pipes are how many subs they have in they're boot etc

Also the forum has been going since 2006 and it gets about 10 posts a week ! shocking

Right back on topic .

My front arch liners / plastic inner arch / mud guards ( what ever they are lol ) are loose enough that when i hit a bump or pot hole what ever, they shake and make a plastic rattle type noise which is driving me nuts .

All the lock tabs that secure them are in place but it still moves easily .

Are they supposed to be like this ? or am i missing something ?

2. quattrochris

quattrochris Active Member

They shouldnt be loose mate, what car is it?

3. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

As a French car owner of some years standing I fear this may be a national trait mate. Your car isn't old enough for them to be worn knackered. Has it occurred since you slammed the suspension?

Being the Loeb special are the front wings of a significantly different profile to the standard. That may affect the fit if they're standard liners.

#3 kpone, Nov 13, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2011
  4. Bats

Bats Active Member

Hmm ive removed loads been a mechanic for 18 years and never had loose ones?

Make shore its clipped into wing correctly and maybe 4 black headed self tappers somewhere will do the trick ;)

5. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

Cool Cool so rattling about when i tap them is not right . Gonna take up my mates and stick it on his lift wednesday . Im away training Monday and tuesday so I'm just gonna have to put up with it , Or turn the tunes up loud lol

Cheers for your answers guys

I asked the same question on C2Club.co.uk 2 days ago and i have not had 1 answer . Im starting to think they don't like me ha ha

• Like Like x 1
  6. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

If being ignored completely when you speak means somebody doesn't like you Jeanette and i would never have made it to 25 years of marriage.

• Like Like x 1