Any carpenters?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Yorkshire Tyke, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Yorkshire Tyke

Yorkshire Tyke Elite Member

I've got a load of carpet coming up tomorrow to cover the ply floor and sides of my van. It is just normal carpet but it's free!!

What's the best way to attach it to the plywood? I was thinking spray adhesive but would it be enough on the sides? Carpet is quite heavy. Could always bang a few self tappers through around the edges.

Cheers

2. Givover

Givover God Like

I always have a bit of carpet in the van and if its cut in on the floor tight it stays put .Never done the sides but like you say a couple of self tappers perhaps through a section of Alloy threshold strip to stop the screw heads from pulling through.What next curtains and a bong! Ha! Pimp my ride dude.

3. sinewave

sinewave God Like

I wouldn't self tapper straight through the carpet YT it'll just pull through at some point.

Far better trapping the carpet behind a piece of 2x1" Battern along the full length of the Van wall, this then allows you to affix the battern in to the strutural uprights using long Tex screws and also then allows you to use the battern to hang stuff off using hooks etc

The rest of the carpet can be fixed using spray adhesive with maybe another battern at the bottom

:cool:

4. Yorkshire Tyke

Yorkshire Tyke Elite Member

Curtains and new light are already up mate!! Took the bulk head out and also insulated behind all the ply. Got some interior rear lights on order.

20140125_192217.jpg

Think I'm gonna get myself a staple gun and secure it in a few places with that??

#4 Yorkshire Tyke, Jan 25, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2014
    • Like Like x 2