Any Mercedes techs?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by dave d, Feb 10, 2014.

1. dave d

dave d Elite Member

Heres the story engine oil level warning light comes on so I measure the level via the steering wheel NO DIPSTICK WTF! and it just said observe waiting time no matter how long I waited so I added 1 litre of oil, then the red warning lights and chimes came on a day later saying visit workshop oil level low so I measured again via the steering wheel buttons and it says add 2 litres which I did last night then measured this morning it says add 2 litres again WTF drove to work red warning comes on again and chimes visit workshop! so to recap its had 3 litres of oil and says it needs 2 more that's gotta be wrong! Why they didn't put a dipstick on f@ck knows! Been on the SLK FORUM and had a look at people having same problems and no clear answers Faulty sensor im guessing.

All Mercedes cars including the SLK range are equipped with the Active Service System (ASSYST) which has effectively put an end to fixed oil changes and service intervals. This system determines the stresses placed upon the engine during everyday use and takes these into account when calculating the engine service interval. Engine wear and oil deterioraion are significantly greater in stop-start driving than in steady driving over longer distances, for example. A microcomputer uses the inputs from various sensors including oil level, oil temperature, coolant temperature, engine speed, vehicle speed and engine load to calculate the maintenance schedule. A digital display in the instrument cluster tells the driver how many miles can be driven before the next service is required and how many days or weeks are allowed for this distance. ASSYST incorporates an oil level sensor which not only warns the driver if the oil level is too high or too low, but also gives the top up quantity required and is able to detect when this has been added. It also detects changes to the oil, such as excessive metal content or dilution with water or fuel, again warning the driver accordingly. With this system, the oil change interval can be extended to an average of more than 12,500 miles
    - See more at: http://www.mercedes-benz-media.co.u...rcedes-Benz+SLK+Roadster#sthash.SuzfS7UA.dpuf

WANK!

#1 dave d, Feb 10, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
  2. Jase

Jase Elite Member

Send jamesm09 a pm he is a member on here he is a merc tech.

Cheers.

• Like Like x 1