Anyone been to the carribean??

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by rocket, Feb 1, 2015.

1. rocket

rocket Active Member

A very good friend of ours married a dutch guy several years ago who,s in the dutch navy. He,s been posted all over the world and at the moment there in aruba for the next few years. They been offering us to come over for a while and today we finally booked the flights. Anyone here been before and what to expect. Despite been surrounded by beaches here in cornwall i never ever go on them. Been to the big apple, la and vegas before but that as far as my foreign trips have gone and that was over 10 years ago before the kiddies.

2. Colonel_Klinck

Colonel_Klinck New Member

I've been to Aruba. You'll love it! The Dutch islands have some beautiful Dutch style buildings in the ports. Beaches are lovely, rum is plentiful! Weather is fantastic! What's not to like??

• Like Like x 1
  3. sinewave

sinewave God Like

We had our Honeymoon in the Caribbean, based in Grenada then we chartered a Yacht and sailed about visiting the surrounding Islands like Trinidad & Tobago, St Lucia, Barbados etc.

Aruba was too far away for the time we had.

Spot on part of the globe!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Beckers

Beckers Elite Member

Been to Cuba, Dominican, Jamaica and Antigua. Jamaica was fab, great beaches, food etc but Antigua is for us the best so far that why we've been back twice now.

• Like Like x 1
  5. RepsolPaul

RepsolPaul Well-Known Member

Booked to go to Barbados this July in Mango Bay on the west coast by Holetown, can't wait, looks perfect.

• Like Like x 1