Anyone cruised on the Azura?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by T.C, Apr 24, 2015.

1. T.C

T.C Elite Member

18 months ago we did a cruise to the Baltic on the Carnival Legend with an overnight stay in St Petersburg in Russia. Had a great time seeing places like Estonia, although for me the biggest disappointent was the Little Mermaid in Copenhagen.

Anyway, she who must be obeyed wanted to do that trip again and so she has just booked 14 nights on the P & O Azura for 14 nights in June out of Southampton.

Done Carnival (Legend and Glory - 3 times on each) and Royal Carribean (Indepenendce of the Seas - 2 cruises on her) a number of times, but this will be our first time with P & O and on the Azura in particular. She came out of Hamburg last Friday after a refit (she is 5 years old after all), so just wondered if anyone on here has any experience of the ship.

At £1100 for 14 nights all in, (which includes tips and car parking) I can't complain about the price, especially for that time of year, and she looks a nice ship, but looks can be deceptive and the reviews on sites like Cruise Critic are mixed.

So any observations most welcome

2. Repsol Rob

Repsol Rob Elite Member

Im off in May for a two week Med excursion....... on P&O s Ventura..... and personally cant wait... !!

3. 1000rr73

1000rr73 Active Member

I've done 10 days on the Ventura and the aurora. Had a great time on both and would do it again for sure.

4. Kentblade

Kentblade God Like

Yep, both the Azura and the Ventura, personally I like them. Unlike the Yank boats you are not getting ripped every time you breath out, decent food, decent entertainment, a very British slant to cruising, rooms and service were very good. Freedom dining suits my way of eating, always entertaining with a different table of people every night.

Gyms were good, pools looked OK, but never tried one as they were not hot enough, plenty of loungers, although I prefer the relaxation of my balcony. nice variety of bars and premium restaurants, if you fancy a more intimate dining affair some nights.

As they are toted as family friendly you do get families on them not surprisingly, so expect kids to be motoring around, although the times I have been on them are out of school holidays, so not that many sprogs around.