Anyone drive a range rover

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Scott, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Scott

Scott Active Member

I think I fancy one. But not sure I drive a m3 that I had for 6 years and love it. It's lowered with big brakes etc. not sure if I fancy a change but would cry if I saw my m drive away. Was thinking driving a rr and if I like it get one and store the m for a while until I make up my mind which one to keep
    Am I nuts lol

2. raphael

raphael Elite Member

there was a thread on hear a little while back fella,i haven't owned one but was in one a little while back and must admit! was shear luxury and smooth.
    think they have a problem or two though?

3. Scott

Scott Active Member

Oh dear I don't like problems

4. Jcbmally

Jcbmally Active Member

Shoite, but that's just me, big, wobbly, cramped inside considering its big. I test drove an X5 and it was far superior, drove like a car.

5. Scott

Scott Active Member

Oh wow didn't expect that

6. Jcbmally

Jcbmally Active Member

Test drive them back to back pal, you WILL be surprised ;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. gRRandeelion

gRRandeelion Active Member

Try a VW Touareg, Porsche Cayenne, Audi Q5 or 7 and BMW X5 as well as the Range Rover variants. Then make your informed choice.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Jcbmally

Jcbmally Active Member

What !!! no Ssanyong Rexton :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. sinewave

sinewave God Like

It was me Scott who was asking a while back.

http://1000rr.co.uk/threads/audi-q7-or-range-rover-vogue.23745/

Tiz still up for doing when Wifey kicks up too much fuss to be bothered with and most likely we'll go for the Full Sized Rangey with the 3.6 litre Diesel
    But for now the 286 bhp Diesel Merc Sport Estate with AMG Brembo Brake upgrade pictured below stays! :D

20140922_090250.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  10. Scott

Scott Active Member

Il go drive some and report back. It might slow me down on the road too I was thinking. Nice merc

11. exuptoy

exuptoy Elite Member

I had an 03 RR Vogue L322. Stunning car with loads of toys. I absolutely loved it! Just turned 100k when I sold it. Very strong motor when kept on top of servicing (BWM TD6 3.0 Diesel just make sure the vortex filter is changed or it'll starve the turbo), even better is the TDV8. It's an animal. You can pick up a nice reasonable mileage TDV8 for less than £15k! Bargain.

Early L322's had a sealed for life gearbox then when they started failing (if it hasn't been replaced by 80k then stay clear), LR then decided to change the service interval and recommend oil was changed at 40k!!! From 06 on thats the norm I think.
    A water leak in the rear will fill the suspension compressor up with water as it's in the boot! Rear wiper has it's wash fluid pass through the shaft and the seal fails which fills the wiper gearbox with water and fucks the plastic gear cog which you can't buy so it's £180 for a new rear wiper motor. Airbags can fail on the suspension legs but they're not that expensive but all in all they are a superb bit of kit and like everything with high mileage you have to pay for its upkeep but find a looked after one with a full history and its worth buying. Brit part sells lots of spares and are reasonable.

Here was mine! I miss it! :(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Tonic

Tonic Active Member

Watch out for cracked alloys, my mate has gone through three now! Or should I say expect cracked alloys as you can't watch out for them. Apparently, it's a well known problem and allot of people replace them with Chinese copies. Personally, I know nothing about them, so can't comment, other than, I've only been in it once, to the bike show. Pulled up in the car park. One of the lads had been leaning out the window having a fag, window wouldn't go back up, the nut started raining heavily!! We managed to scrounge some plastic from the hedge bottom and trap it between the door frame, kept most of it out while we were in the show. Turned out to be a faulty relay.

#12 Tonic, Apr 10, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. exuptoy

exuptoy Elite Member

Had to replace 2 x door latches on mine too. Common problem, not enough grease from the factory.

14. Cbrjay

Cbrjay Well-Known Member

15. Cbrjay

Cbrjay Well-Known Member

It's not mine, don't go for a vw tourag thing, twat to work on and dear on parts loads of common fault. I.e turbo fault, vac pump on back of engine, prop shafts fall off. One my customer had one, in the first year £3.5 k on warranty work

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. exuptoy

exuptoy Elite Member

Thats cheap that is.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Black

Black Active Member

Tried them all and ended up buying an L322. 4 years and 110k miles and no issues. Sold it and bought a Jag. Must just be a saloon kind of guy. Liked the Toureg and almost went this way but the BMW felt cheap. Each to their own but the later V8 models significantly better.