Anyone for tennis?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by dave d, Jan 25, 2013.

1. dave d

dave d Elite Member

Andy Murray just reached the final of the Aus open after a epic 5 setter against Federer,i know hes not everyones cup of tea after his "support anybody against England" comment but hes a Scot so why would he support England!
    Anyway i like him says what he thinks not just soundbites or what people wanna hear!
    Good luck for sunday.......GO MURRAY LOL

2. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

I have no problem with what he said, only that he tried up change or play it down when he realises how much sponsor money he would lose. I support all home countries he does not!

3. dave d

dave d Elite Member

Murray was responding after Des kelly asked him sarcastically who he would support after Scotlands failure to qualify for the world cup!
    06/06/06......
    cant recall anyone asking Tiger Tim if he would be supporting Scotland......so why ask the question!
    So Murrays response was tongue in cheek and he got slated for it.
    Des Kelly top journo huh!!

4. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Well, I'm a rugby fan. And as such have, over the years, come to realise that everyone hates the English and use sports such as rugby and cricket to vent their hatred. Obviously not football as the fans of football are only marginally more intelligent than the players so their spleen can only really be vented, with anything near coherent articulation, with a Stanley Knife. Usually to the chap stood beside them, who is often a relation.

Possibly, it's racial retribution for once having actually owned the countries in question, and, in the case of Scotland, still do, but whatever the reason, I try not to get upset by it anymore. I just continue to look down my nose at them while speaking LOUDLY AND CLEARLY at them while dreaming how to withdraw their foreign aid once I'm in power.

So good luck to Mr Murray. He certainly seems to be doing much better before he chokes recently.

Pip Pip!

5. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

I am English not British, and apart from when I am in another country watching fellow county folk making complete idiots of them selves, (thinking sandals with socks or getting pissed and causing trouble) proud of it.

Having said that I have no issues with Scots, Welsh or Northern Irish other then not understanding why they are always quick to tell you how good their home county is but continue to live in England.

Good luck to him but I can’t help wondering why he is always such a miserable git.

6. Repsol Rob

Repsol Rob Elite Member

Yup............miserable but fair play he beat Fedders..........now lets see if he can win it.........................................(i doubt it) !! :D

7. Givover

Givover God Like

Please don't say we have to put up with this prick at Wimbledon again .All those poor suckers clinging to a faint hope of a British champion since tennis begun Tim Henman made a career out of losing and is a legend in his own bullshit .

• Like Like x 2
  8. Repsol Rob

Repsol Rob Elite Member

i do partially agree Giv but he does play better than Tim nice but Dim................wonder how we would feel if he joined this site as a Blade owner................................................and i dont mean Stanley Blade !!

9. Givover

Givover God Like

He would bore the tits off the lot of us ! Game over .

• Like Like x 1
  10. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Yeah! And that's my fecking job!

• Like Like x 1
  11. bardo 1962

bardo 1962 Member

I hope he gets his arse kicked because he's an arrogant shit. I can't stand the bloke! Just my opinion.

• Like Like x 1