Anyone into home hifi systems. Used using sonos

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Scott, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Scott

Scott Active Member

are they the best out there it seems expensive. I been advised buy a shop about it. But think my info is wrong. Anyone got a short breakdown how it works plz.
    Looking to fill two or three rooms but want to play YouTube and sound cloud on them. Is sonos the best way orgettin a wifi controller with ceiling speakers a better way
    Thanks

2. Black

Black Active Member

Bought the wife a Sonos about 5 years ago for her Christmas and she never took it out the box. She thought I had bought her some base system for her car and wondered what nonsense was going thru my head but didn't want to say and spoil Christmas. Day haha. Got over that and we now have two Play 5, 2 Play 3 and the Soundbar.
    Bottom line it's the best tech I've bought....ever.
    Love my sounds and only buy CD,s for the car now as only stream music in the home.
    Simple to set up but make sure you have a reasonable Internet and the sound is good enough for me. TV only plays thru soundbar now but with added flexibility that it can stream music along with the rest of the system. Is also flexible so you can add and group together so all areas can play same or all different. Can also drag a unit to the garden on an extension lead and play sounds in the sun.
    I'm not on commission (but sound like it lol) but four friends also bought systems after playing with mine.
    Don't bother with seperate Sonos controller as we all use our phones with the app.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Black

Black Active Member

I should add that after sales service direct with Sonos is also excellent.

4. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Been using Sonos for about 4 years and love it. Sounds good easy to use and would recommend it to anyone

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. N_Collins

N_Collins Active Member

Been using a sound bar, sub & 2 play 1's for just over 12 months and chuffed to bits with them, highly recommend them.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Millsp1

Millsp1 Active Member

Wife bought me a sonos last Christmas, love it, easy to use, download the app & control off the phone, got a free year with deeper as well, download any song you want, bought the boy one for his Christmas, you won't be disappointed.

7. Scott

Scott Active Member

Nice one thanks. Very good reviews. Can u play YouTube over it plz ?

8. Haggler ®™

Haggler ®™ Active Member

Daughter works in the Hi Fi trade along with her partner............... ,they both said get a Sonos.....I went before Xmas to get a Bose...............glade I bought a Sonos , the wife luv,s it cus it's dead easy to operate and sounds bloody great too

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Muffking

Muffking God Like

I'm sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong, but I think it has to be via Bluetooth as none of the audio manufacturers Apps which use WiFi will allow YouTube to work through their App, which means the YouTube App can only see speakers via Bluetooth. So just check that the speaker you have also has Bluetooth built in.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. rocket

rocket Active Member

Was all set to buy sonos before Xmas after great reviews but after a few shop visits and more info I went with the Bose sound touch system. Very similar to sonos but seems to have a little more flexibility in connectivity of external sources and can also have 6 preset streams so you don't always have to use phone , tablet etc to get the system running. Never heard a bad word about sonos though so can't go wrong with either !

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Scott

Scott Active Member

That Bose isn't cheap ! Such a pain sonos won't play YouTube

12. RepsolPaul

RepsolPaul Well-Known Member

I've just bought a Bose Cinemate 130 sound bar, great bit of kit, can connect as many other soundtouch items as you like, all work through wifi, including the sub box too so saves messy wiring.

Can setup to adjust itself to the size n shape of the room for perfect sound.

• Like Like x 1
  13. RepsolPaul

RepsolPaul Well-Known Member

There is a write-up in What Hifi this month and browsed it off the shelf.
    Sonus come out on top so worth reading to see how they all compare.

14. Scott

Scott Active Member

Oh wow thanks il go get that thanks

15. Scott

Scott Active Member

I have been to look at both. I like the Bose system. I wanted a sound bar but they are so expensive it's too much. Anyone know what a sound touch 30 would be like linked to a tele plz