Anyone into motocross?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by RichC, Oct 9, 2013.

1. RichC

RichC Active Member

Sold me track bike quite fancy something to use over Winter.. Seen a couple of CRF250's.. Would I get bored and want a 450??

Used to ride them a lot in my teens not been on one for a few years.

2. Muffking

Muffking God Like

I did an off road experience day on a CrF250 and loved every minute of it. A couple of lads upgraded to the 450, but being alien to me i was happy on a 250 as it wasnt the sort of day where i needed the extra power blatting through woods and green lanes. I get the impression that the 450 would have been better suited to a more open environment where you would power on a bit more, but equally it could be one of those things that you regret not buying.

3. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

I can still have plenty of fun on my KTM 125 (2stroke) so prob equivalent to 250 in 4 stroke power

4. Ratser

Ratser Well-Known Member

Did an off road experience earlier this year, and it was fantastic.
    Only 4 of us, and for £70 for 2.5 hours including bike and gear hire I thought that was excellent value.
    Taken by a current motocross racer as well, who happens to be a member of a Scottish Bike Forum I frequent too.
    I only came off twice, which I thought was good considering first time off road riding.
    Started off with basics moves, then onto the small track, progressed to the large track, and then up and down some very large hills.
    Guy said he didn't normally take folk onto the hills on the first visit, however two of us were getting so into it that he was sure we would cope.
    Which we did. Until I tried to follow him up and almost vertical and flew right off the top with the bike almost landing on me.
    Tell you what, you may think 2.5 hours isn't enough before you go, but it is so knackering.
    Need to go again. Quite handy too, just at Harthill. Midway between Glasgow and Edinburgh.

5. arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad A very helpful Gent

No one needs a 450! If your keen Weston is on this weekend, do it! sorts the men from the boys, I did it once NEVER again! lol I ride a WR450F Motard style baby!

6. The.kickboxer

The.kickboxer Active Member

Used to race Suzuki RM420's as a teen (35 years ago), till I fooked my knees, the Doctor said if I gave up racing and carried on smoking my cartilages might see me out.

7. rocket

rocket Active Member

had a few in the past and done a fair bit on it. i would go 250 2 stroke loads of power and some of the maintenance on the 4 strokes is beyond a joke. damn good fun though and you fell like you,ve had a day on the bike after.

8. Yorkshire Tyke

Yorkshire Tyke Elite Member

You hoping to nail some josh brookes air time over mountain next year rich? ;)

9. RichC

RichC Active Member

In my Superman cape?

Just to keep me from winter boredom nothing to flash there's a lot of ropes crap out there

10. sinewave

sinewave God Like

This reminds me, I must get round to purchasing my Teenage years Enduro 'Pin Up' Bike!

Yamaha IT 490.jpg