Anyone out this Saturday?

Discussion in 'Events, Meetings & Ride Outs' started by Gazza13, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Gazza13

Gazza13 Member

As tittle! Me and a mate are heading out Saturday as weather looks really good! 17c and sunny!
    We are both In kings Lynn and prob will head off to Peterborough way.

Thanks
    Gary

2. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

If i was closer i would be there mate .

3. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

Mmmmm, would be nice but I have a pass out for sunday to go to the rockingham track day, couple of mates are racing so having a ride over to watch. Anyone else going ?

4. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

Mot Saturday then oil change, tea pot hot if you make grantham?

5. fez.57

fez.57 Well-Known Member

Lucky for some only about 10c up here and roads are still covered in salt as they were still out gritting last night

6. Pinkster1000RR

Pinkster1000RR Active Member

I've got a 40th B'day party to go too........so no bike riding for me this weekend :(

7. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm so embarrassed by how minging my car looks that Saturday will see me in wellies and holding a snow foam gun until my mate arrives for a long overdue visit so I guarantee I'll be too wasted on Sunday to even think about riding.

8. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

tut tut tut...ken £10 down the local car wash, half hour of your time, no effort = time + energy for bikes.

9. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Let...a...machine...or...even...worse...another...person...wash...my...car..........?

Sorry Jimbo, I know you mean well, but my OCD won't let me process your suggestion without me getting the vapours.

Even Jeanette told me I was a mug not to take the bike out but I can't let it go on looking like a brown car any longer.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

your loss mate!! im out sunday for an all dayer - might even go out on a dirty bike!! ;) but who will be having the fun?

11. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Well obviously me. Who can't but have fun in their spangly wellies, leopard skin jock strap with a snow foam gun in his hand.

12. Dave V

Dave V Elite Member

I'm like you, don't let others clean the car. It's minging, but ain't missing this weather for anything. Jimbo, those tyres are settling in nicely, ready for Sunday!!! Just trying to get out of a family party thing tonight as my pals are doing Brighton then Eastbourne and fancy it

13. Freedom of choice

LOL Mine is beyond minging. We are having a dirty protest at the moment. In an effort to save costs the CFO decided that as we own our cars via a scheme with MB car division, they are not company cars and therefore the company should not have to pay for cleaning, oh, with the exception of the main board who can have their cars cleaned in house every Friday!
    So with the exception of the lights and number plates mine hasn’t been washed since I got it in January. Its well scanky and a dark grey rather then a nice shiny silver.

14. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Although, somebody's just reminded me that there's an hour more daylight on Monday when I get home from work...

15. Givover

Givover God Like

Iam out both Sat and Sunday like the boys say we have been waiting for this moment to long ,so lets av it!!!!!

16. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

good aint they! would love to mate, but been away all week so its a no-goer! plus the bike isnt back together yet! lol will be doing it sat ready for sunday....

17. dave d

dave d Elite Member

working, shite:(

18. SIDEWAYS

SIDEWAYS Senior Member

The thought of it is worrying!!

19. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Well, my mate only just made it this evening as last night he put a filleting knife into the tendons of the index finger on his left hand and was having surgery on it this afternoon. He had to come to Exeter for the op so called in for dinner before heading home to Barnstaple. He's in a bit of a state, bless him, but it could have been a lot worse, he only managed to cut halfway through the tendon.

But, it means he couldn't drink so I'm going to bed sober and you know what that means....?

Come the morning, me and Bill'll be hitting the road!

20. Freedom of choice

I do hope you are not hitting the road in the literal sense Ken, is that the new name for the bike now ? Mine a this afternoon was "get in you fcuking bsatrad" followed later by "wow that look mint"