Anyone use Stomp Grips?

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Rob, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Rob

Rob Administrator
    Staff Member

I'm fitting some this weekend as with my textiles I slip around like a kipper on my bike.

Leathers are no problems though. Nice 'n sticky :cool:

2. JM1

JM1 Active Member

I've not tried them yet, but some people say the Stompgrip dimples annoy them!
    I think there are other makes which don't have the dimples.

3. Jamz

Jamz Active Member

Hi mate,

Yes i have..i had them on my Ninja and there are pros and cons...the Pros are they do exactly what they say on the tin, when you brake hard they give you better stability beacuse your gripping the bike harder and they obviously stop you from sliding as much when your turning

However..

That last part is what also put some riders off, when your leaning the bike hard you naturally slide of some to balance yourself and the bike so youve got better stability there also but the grips stop you from sliding that extra bit if you know what im saying..its basically preference but i will tell you after i sold the Ninja with them on and then got my R1 the first thing I thought id want was the stomp grips as i was used to them.... i didn't and actually felt better riding without especially in the turns..

Id highly recommend them if your starting our riding as i was, they are a great aid and helps nurse you into the feel of turning etc as far as confidence goes

hope that helps

EDIT.. they wear away the inside of your leathers too which i didnt like

4. Rob

Rob Administrator
    Staff Member

Cheers chaps. I'm going to give them a go. Can always remove them if they do get annoying I guess.

5. Brym

Brym Active Member

I had them on my last bike and I really miss them on the new blade feels very slippy. Its just a personal thing if you like them or not.
    The biggest con to me is they look crap lads at work thought it looked like bits of bath matt stuck on my tank.
    I might try one of these gripster ones next instead of the stompgrip type TechSpec-usa Motorcycle Gripster Tank Grips

6. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

I put them on my blade last week. not tried them out on the blade yet but were great on my triple. well worth it I found. As said it's a love it or hate it thing on bikes.

7. Si.

Si. God Like

I use the Techspec grips:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Look oem to me and blend in with the seat etc....

8. Rob

Rob Administrator
    Staff Member

Cheers Si. Look perfect with the black bike however I fear that on the HRC the black will look a little off. I'm going to put on the Stomp Grips today. I got the clear ones so hopefully wont look too bath mat like!

9. Rob

Rob Administrator
    Staff Member

Well put the Stomp Grips on today. Right side went OK but a few bubbles under the left hand. Oh well! Got to wait 24 hours to ride after they've been applied.

10. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

well too mine out yesterday for 200 miles and found the stomp grip to be amazing.Helped out and gave great feel when on the bike and taking a corner. very happy I have them on the bike

11. Rob

Rob Administrator
    Staff Member

^^

Agreed, amazing grip levels now! A bit expensive for what they are material wise but transform the ride!

12. Brym

Brym Active Member

13. flatstickHRC

flatstickHRC Active Member

had stomp grips on both my last 2 race bikes.

theyre a gimmick. make no difference whatsoever. save for £50 for petrol!