Anyone watched the F1.......

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Repsol Rob, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Repsol Rob

Repsol Rob Elite Member

ITS BLOODY RACING THE FANS WANT.......................NOT ORGANISED EFFIN FIXED RESULTS.........nuff said roll on MOTO GP !!

2. derick

derick Active Member

Yes and I was thinking exactly the same thing. I'm sure there are team orders in MotoGP too, but its not as blatant, and boring, as that.

3. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

just ban pit radio, or at least broadcasting it, then we would never know ;)
    Lets make fuel and tyres last the whole race, and lets use as many engines and gearboxes as needed, in fact lets just go back to the 1970's F1 :eek:k

#3 SimonRR, Mar 25, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Kevin1

Kevin1 Elite Member

you pay that sort of money you want to see a race, not a procession. I notice the sky commentators didn't mention it. They are just happy to be on a nice jolly. All the focus was on how are you gonna control your drivers Red Bull. Never mind where is the racing we are all paying for. JOKE

5. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Been loving the racing but remember to get more teams costs have been cut, so drivers cannot go as fast as they want start to finish unless they want to run out of fuel or tyres.

6. SIDEWAYS

SIDEWAYS Senior Member

Agree with you all, this is racing.As for team orders I think it should be banned.If you wanna bring em home 1 2 let the faster man through.I thought Lewis going in the wrong pits was funny and he could have let Rosberg through cos he was faster in the latter stages.Also glad Jenson has the pace in that Mclaren shame they screwed it up for him.Roll on to the next one.

7. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Let's not lose sight of what was, without doubt, the most hilarious podium ceremony ever. Vettel squirming like a worm on a hot rock praying for what must have been the longest rendition of the German National anthem to just finish so he could slink away. Webber trying to burn holes in the back of his head with his laser vision and Hamilton afraid show any emotion at all unless somebody screamed "You're just as fecking bad!" at him.

I was laughing my arse off, feeling for the poor buggers who'd sat through the, probably, 4 hours of coverage of 2 hours racing just for that bollocks at the end.

All they needed was Jeremy frikking Kyle.

• Like Like x 3
  8. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Good news Kids!!!

They're back!

chuckle brothers.jpg

(I thought it best not to piss about with Hamilton (Don't want to thought of as...you know)).

• Like Like x 3
  9. Repsol Rob

Repsol Rob Elite Member

Who else thinks that the Hamilton "Cock Up" should be the next......"He should have gone to Specsavers" Advert ????

• Like Like x 1
  10. Givover

Givover God Like

Cant see Rossi ever trailing behind lorenzo he would just go for it!. I think the word RACER sums it up.These guys were born with the must win at all cost chip built into their DNA and being told to hang around at the back is not what they are about.Glad i dont have to watch this crap.

11. paul-b

paul-b Member

Have to agree with the podium farce,

Vettel looked like he knew he was going directly to the naughty step, Webber needed anger manegement & Hamilton looked like he'd just been caught doing something he really shouldn't have been.

Love F1, but when a race is determined by the head honchos in the pits it's no longer a race, can understand team orders near the end of the season when the 2nd driver has no hope of catching the first, but second race of the season !! They are denying the fans exactly what they pay to see....

I mean the reason both Mclaren didn't want Rosberg to overtake Hamilton & Vettel to overtake Webber is because both teams wanted to bring both cars home safely? What did they think was gonna happen if & when they overtook, were they all gonna self combust or something?

Mr Ecclestone, sort the mess out before people start turning away!

12. exfire

exfire Elite Member

I used to be very keen on F1 but unfortunately I lost interest in it when the 'team orders' started to destroy the racing. I think there has always been an element of it in F1 even years ago, but I think it has become a farce in recent years.

I just hope bike racing never gets as bad, I personally think team orders should not exist but it would be impossible to enforce it.

Like most things, it all comes down to money, sport is a business and has very little to do with who is the best, lets face it, only relatively privileged people usually get to participate in it anyway. That must be why I am not world champion lol I am too poor.

Love the idea of the spec savers ad for hamiliton.

13. phantom

phantom Active Member

tried watching F1 a few time....keep falling asleep :p

• Like Like x 2
  14. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

vettel.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  15. el-nicko

el-nicko Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  16. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

17. SIDEWAYS

SIDEWAYS Senior Member

18. racman

racman Active Member

i,m obviously a bike fan rob. i see your take on F1. take a look at moto gp. exactly the same. i enjoy both, whatever your take is

19. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member