Arai too blooming small!!!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by blade1980, Jul 6, 2014.

1. blade1980

blade1980 Active Member

Basically bought arai chaser v start of the year, tried in in shop etc and they said the small will be correct size, a few months in and it's rubbing like hell, changed the inner padding and still no better, so I'm stuck with a helmet that can only use for an hour tops due to the pain, my options??
    Shop won't exchange, so either see if arai service people can work their magic or try and sell it and lose a few hundred quid in a few months, not happy!!

2. RichC

RichC Active Member

Used lids seem to be fetching decent money on ebay especially Arais

3. IcarusGreen

IcarusGreen Elite Member

• Like Like x 1
  4. JM1

JM1 Active Member

I've had loads of Arais, always in medium. Latest is a Chaser V in medium and I've found it's definitely a different fit to others (including previous model Chaser). Has a tight spot on forehead, but is gradually wearing in over time.

P.S. They do different fits for different markets as well as for different models. Double check yours isn't an unofficial import from the far east.

5. blade1980

blade1980 Active Member

My tight spot is also forehead area but this is a little too tight. Measured my head after spiking to arai and looks like a medium is required, anybody fancy an arai chaser v size small only worn few times let me know!!!

6. JM1

JM1 Active Member

Looks like a new one is inevitable mate. Gotta have a comfy lid.