Arai Visors RX7 pain in the bottom

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Kevin1, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Kevin1

Kevin1 Elite Member

Is it just me or are Arai RX7 GP visors a pain in the bottom to change?
    Getting the visor off is not a problem, but putting it back on...
    Do the levers still have to be lifted to refit the visor?
    I've looked on Youtube and watched some clever bu**er take the visor off and put it back on whilst still wearing it.
    The RX7 visor was no better either, maybe I shudda bought something else???

2. Only1Matrixxx

Only1Matrixxx Active Member

Yeah there is definitely a trick to all Arai's... I've done my share of snapping the side pods...

But on a good day, I can get em in first try.

TIP - apply the silicone lube to the edges of the visor that go into the helmet... Allows for MUCH easier fitment.

Yes the levers should still be in the lifted position when you refit the visor...

It helps if you have ever seen what the inside of the side pod looks like, so you know what you are aiming for... I won't even try to explain with words...

I try to get both in at teh same time, but usually only one goes in properly the first time...

3. Moily

Moily Active Member

Nope, not just you! That's one of the main reasons I went over to Shoei. 1000% times easier to change the visor.

4. Only1Matrixxx

Only1Matrixxx Active Member

I would but I hate how Shoei fits me... Feels like the padding stops at my cheek bone.

Arai feels like my entire jaw is covered...

5. Repsol Rob

Repsol Rob Elite Member

Just replaced £30.00 side pods after refitting visor...... bloody good marketing ploy by Arai....im sure that you tube vid is edited !!!!!! lol

6. RedMacGregor

RedMacGregor Active Member

I've totally given up on Arai helmets until they dump those bloody side pods. I broke my first side pod changing over to a dark visor and was stuck with no helmet until a pair of replacements arrived off the web. I spent the time looking at the various videos on how to change the side pods - looks so easy and it was. I had no problems for months then on a tea stop returning from Wales I was showing my new found skills to my mate and broke the side pod clean off. I had to stick it back on with some insulation tape and was stuck with my visor down for the last 50 miles home. Sods law it was the side pod on the same side as the first broken one - so another set of side pods ordered. I've never fitted them yet as I bought a Schuberth S1 Pro at the NEC show - bliss. The Schuberth is in another league - great quality and so quiet you can't believe it. Try one out at the show in November.

Steve.