Are we on the verge of something here or what???

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by BoroRich, Aug 18, 2014.

1. BoroRich

BoroRich Elite Member

I've long banged on about what I see as the principal problem in the world today...........overpopulation.

I assumed that one day there would be wars fought over the dwindling space and resources and that mother nature would do it's balancing thing through the medium of infectious diseases but I didn't think it would happen so soon.

I could be being melodramatic but Israel shelling the crap out of its neighbour........Ukraine and Russia at each other's throats and the looming threat of war with NATO.........ISIS and the middle east descending into chaos..........Ebola............Rolf Harris......

Is it just me or is this the start of something global??

2. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

No it's just the media doing it's best to worry everyone. go back 20-30 years you did not now about a plane crash half way around the world that killed 30 people.

Or a Outbreak of a virus in the middle of no ware

The media seem to be getting better at reporting all the bad press and forget the good stuff mostly

• Like Like x 1
  3. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Israel has been going on since about '48. For ebola read Swine Flu, Bird Flu, AIDS, the Spanish Flu of 1918, or malaria which kills more every day than just about anything else. Don't forget Russia was a lot badder guy run by some more nutty leaders from the 30's to early 90's. NATO won't square up to Russia over the Ukraine as the Ukraine isn't a member of NATO, the same as we didn't over Czechoslovakia, Hungary or Afghanistan. By the same extent Russia won't move on former Warsaw Pact countries who are now NATO members.

The world is as they say smaller now due to the improvements in communications. It happens and you know about it, as opposed to, it happened a few weeks/months ago and you might see it on Pathe news in the cinema. Relax, have a beer and wait for the Zombie Apocolypse/Giant Asteroid/Alien Invasion/Solar flare ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

I agree with the two previous speakers :D
    the world has always been crap, we just didn't know about it, quite as much ;)

• Like Like x 2
  5. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

My god someone agreed with me. that's a first and rather worrying :)

• Like Like x 2
  6. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

there always has to be a first time for everything Remal ;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

• Like Like x 1
  8. GappySmeg

GappySmeg Well-Known Member

You should watch "Utopia" on channel 4... fabulous series!

In essence, a shadowy organisation predicts that as population grows, and resources grow scarcer, conflicts will escalate and tempers will flare with increasing regularity, until the whole planet threatens to tear itself apart.
    Their solution, although drastic, is clearly workable...... kill 99% of humans in a targeted biological campaign!

Cant fault their logic :)

9. SIDEWAYS

SIDEWAYS Senior Member

Remal is spot on.The media are instilling fear into everyone.Being doing it since radio/television started.Do you wake up and put the news on and have a churning gut feeling.That is what it does and good at it too.It is controlled by the elite/cabal and will only air what it wants to air.You wait til you hear about 9/11 and what was not told.and how the media show false things.Why was digital tv made,so that they can manipulate footage.All that will come out eventually.Conspiracies are about and are there to protect and reveal the truth that the gov'ts are not telling you.I'm all for truthfulness and one day this big black cloud will be no more.Some say its a load of b*llocks I'd say open your eyes.

10. sps170373

sps170373 Moderator
    Staff Member

Personally I can't wait for the zombie apocalypse, me and the gpmg, 5 spare barrels and a shirt load of ammo yee ha!