Arghhhh my bloody kitchen has flooded!!!!!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by PeterT, May 18, 2012.

1. PeterT

PeterT Active Member

Got woken up by the sound of rushing water this morning at 5 am, came down to kitchen to find a river of water coming from the undersink arear so i open door to find the water pourning from my water softener!!!!!!!!!! I then have to run to the garage and locate the stopcock key and proceed to the front of my property to turn mains off.
    Still mopping the floor but an insurance claim it is going to be as some of my Amtico floor is lifting already and the base cabinets are soaked.
    Bugger just the way to start the weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Jamiestrada

Jamiestrada JamieMultiTraitor

Sorry to hear that mate, had the same sort of problem last year, downstairs toilet leak :(

Hope you get it all sorted soon :)

3. Pinkster1000RR

Pinkster1000RR Active Member

Oh Crap Mate!!! Lets hope you get it all sorted soon and the insurance company don't hang around!!

Jay

4. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

Sorry to hear that Peter, had the same problem last year when a bloody rat ate his way through the inlet pipe to the dishwasher, I had always fancied a swimming pool but just not in the kitchen.

5. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Had similar years ago but was from a pipe in my daughters bedroom. not fun seeing the water coming from the lights :eek:

Hope there is not too much damage Peter

6. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Sorry to hear that Peter. I had a tale of woe similar to Remal at my aunties house when I arrived to unblock her bathroom sink, happily, and finally, stood watching the water drain away, then found it was draining through the living room light fitting. 6 or 7 years ago now, and despite me changing all the light fittings she still refuses to use it and attempts to make me feel guilty about her paranoia whenever possible.

7. PeterT

PeterT Active Member

Right what happened is that the internal filter cartridge has collapsed causing the resin to fill the inner chamber of the softener in which caused the float to become to heavy so not allowing the water to stop. The worse case is that the seven year guarantee ran out last month !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And the insurance company will not pay for a new water softener !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

I can see phase 2 of insurance rant thread coming here...

9. Benn The Pig

Benn The Pig Well-Known Member

Fantastic loop hole as always, bad news fella but at least it didn't happen while u were out at work!

10. lillywhites

lillywhites Active Member

Peter......your cover should pay for all the resultant damage caused by the water.....but just not the item that has worn out....you got any queries just give us a PM......its me day job!

11. Si.

Si. God Like

Good luck with it mate.