Ariel atom or caterham

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by gray, Jun 17, 2014.

1. gray

gray Active Member

Hi guys
    Thinking of getting a Ariel Atom or a caterham any experience from you lot, good or bad

Thanks

2. Repsol Rob

Repsol Rob Elite Member

id say Atom.....looking at stats........ ?

3. Silverback

Silverback Member

Atom ! Much more solid piece of kit in the event of an accident! I had an Atom and did all the research between the alternatives before buying. Saw a chap crash on track in a Caterham and the thing broke in half! Driver was badly injured. Had a massive crash backwards at 120mph at Oulton in my Atom, into the sand filled tyre wall. I was completely unhurt and only slight damage to the suspension on one corner on the Atom. 3k to fix but anything else would have been a write off.

4. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Took a Caterham around Bedford aerodrome. Great fun but burnt my leg on the drive shaft tunnel quite a few times when bracing round corners. Worth it though :D

5. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Really depends what you want from it. if it's fast, track and short blats then the Atom all day. if you want something that is still unpractical but still quick and fun then the caterham. The caterham has more ability to tour in a more comfortable manner due to the sides and screen if fitted. you won't be using the Atom in the cold or went unless you are in textiles and a lid

I've had my 7 for 10 years and love it.