assen motogp 2015

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Cbrjay, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Cbrjay

Cbrjay Well-Known Member

after some advice if poss, it's my 40th next year and my mrs wants to treat me to go there.

We would both be riding over from northwest (southport) near Liverpool.

Any one know of bike safe hotels?

Best crossing etc

Thanks

2. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Camping is good mate - intentsgp offer a pre pitch service so you just ride up and the tent is sorted and a cool box full of beers, great atmosphere, walking distance to track and facilities are excellent.

We had a blast doing this and I normally "don't do camping!!"

3. T.C

T.C Elite Member

I went to Assen for 33 years for the GP, last time being 6 years ago.

We always used the Acacia Hotel in Lindengracht http://www.bing.com/local?lid=YN800...dam+Noord-holland&qpvt=acacia+hotel+amsterdam

The Hotel is 10 minutes walk maximum from the city centre, and although basic is clean and tidy and is very biker friendly. It allows you to visit the city and then depart for Assen on Saturday morning.

Although it is about a 2 hour ride to Assen from Amsterdam, if this is your first time, it is worth the experience, especially for the ride back as al the locals come out to watch the bikes and the Motorways are packed deep (both central reservation, hard shoulder and over bridges, not to mention the service areas) with people who set up camp for the day as the GP is Hollands biggest international sports event of the year.

Even the posh hotels open up early to serve breakfast and coffee to riders (great ham and eggs and Coffee or Koffe as they spell it) and as you travel up from Amersfort, there are big signs directing the bikes where to go for their breakfast.

But back to the matter in hand, Acacia Hotel is recommended if you want the best of both worlds of seeing the GP and spending some time in Amsterdam.

We used to go on the Thursday, have Friday in Amsterdam which gave us a day off the bikes, and then leave for Assen at 6.30am on Saturday arriving back around 7pm in time for a shower and dinner, and then leave Amsterdam for Calais around 11.00am on Sunday morning

Hope this is of some help and interest.

4. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

T.C - your a better man than me. I wouldn't be in any fit shape to be riding a bike at 6.30am after 24hrs in Amsterdam. :eek:

Also worth remembering they are very hot on riders leaving Assen after the GP. We saw loads being pulled over on the sunday morning. many looking worse for wear....

5. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

T.C - your a better man than me. I wouldn't be in any fit shape to be riding a bike at 6.30am after 24hrs in Amsterdam. :eek:

Also worth remembering they are very hot on riders leaving Assen after the GP. We saw loads being pulled over on the sunday morning. many looking worse for wear....

6. Cbrjay

Cbrjay Well-Known Member

Never gave camping a thought tbh